Great job Carnival Breeze!

bobineurope

We were on the Breeze during Harvey. Captain Marino did a great job keeping us safe and updated. Our 7 day cruise turned into 13 days (for which we did get credit on the VIFP loyalty program). Carnival could not have done a better job for us. They were fantastic, including CD Mike Pack and his team who kept us entertained, our cabin steward Anjana, our MDR waiters Astawa, John, and Jovan, Guest Services reps Emmanuel and Tamara, and many other crew members. Loved the overnight and extra day in Cozumel. We really appreciated the Hop-on/Hop-off tour bus passes in NOLA! (Thanks, Big Easy, for a great time!) Also, nice that Carnival flew in extra entertainers for us. Thank you too for the free WiFi, laundry service, and telephone services! We were also very pleasantly surprised when Carnival president Christine Duffy boarded the ship to show her concern and support! Brava! And, the goodie package from Cherry On Top at debarkation was indeed the cherry on top!!!

A big fat THANK YOU, CARNIVAL![emoji41][emoji924]

Edited by bobineurope

That's so wonderful how well they treated you!

I just talked to a family today that was also on that ship. They had nothing but the best things to say about that cruise. They said the only change they would have made was parking in a parking garage instead of a lot since they had water in their car. I guess the friends they were cruising with had over 2 feet of water in their car, and it had to be totaled.

I got off the Breeze the day you got on. Part of me wished that we had cruised the following week except that we parked in the official Lot B in my husband's little Honda. For sure, we would have had water damage so that would have been a bummer to deal with afterwards. Glad you guys had a good time in spite of everything. I agree, Mike was the best CD I've seen so far. He was seemingly everywhere!

That's great to hear! I know someone was live reporting from one of the Carnival ships (don't remember which one), and they stated some of the same things you did. At a certain point, you just have to let it go and realize your inconvenience is nothing compared to what many others are going through. You were safe, you were entertained, and you had fun with what you had. Sounds like you made the best out of what was a serious and scary situation. It really puts so many of these other "complaints" into perspective.

I am glad you were kept safe during that traumatic time. And I'm happy to hear of the way you were treated on my favorite ship!

Thanks. Yep.... Breeze is my new favorite, bumping the Magic down into 2nd place. [emoji41][emoji924]

Sent from my iPhone

That's so wonderful how well they treated you!

I just talked to a family today that was also on that ship. They had nothing but the best things to say about that cruise. They said the only change they would have made was parking in a parking garage instead of a lot since they had water in their car. I guess the friends they were cruising with had over 2 feet of water in their car, and it had to be totaled.

Yeah there were a few cars affected, unfortunately. We parked at 81st Dolphin and got lucky. But, if it makes that family you talked to feel any better.... We were on the Conquest out of Galveston in 2008 when Hurricane Ike hit, and that time my brother's car floated out into the Gulf of Mexico, never to be seen again![emoji23]

Interestingly, Captain Marino was also the captain on that cruise! (We accused him of being a black cat. He claimed it was our fault! Lol)[emoji41][emoji924]

Sent from my iPhone

I got off the Breeze the day you got on. Part of me wished that we had cruised the following week except that we parked in the official Lot B in my husband's little Honda. For sure, we would have had water damage so that would have been a bummer to deal with afterwards. Glad you guys had a good time in spite of everything. I agree, Mike was the best CD I've seen so far. He was seemingly everywhere!

See my reply to momo, above. Lot B is where our car was during Ike. So, yeah.... Hubby's Honda probably would not have faired well. LOL. Yep, Mike's my new favorite CD. [emoji41][emoji924]

Sent from my iPhone

Edited by bobineurope

That's great to hear! I know someone was live reporting from one of the Carnival ships (don't remember which one), and they stated some of the same things you did. At a certain point, you just have to let it go and realize your inconvenience is nothing compared to what many others are going through. You were safe, you were entertained, and you had fun with what you had. Sounds like you made the best out of what was a serious and scary situation. It really puts so many of these other "complaints" into perspective.

Yeah, all things considered it worked out great. Just wish it wasn't at others' expense. There were several of us making reports from the ship. Carnival was kind enough to allow all the guests to use their best WiFi package for free. I personally didn't post to CC, however.... Just my Facebook page and on the Shipmate app.

Sent from my iPhone

agreed! I was on there, too! we got off in NOLA Monday morning, though. my friends had to get back to their daughters who started school Wednesday. the crew was fantastic and the Breeze is a great ship!

Too bad you weren't able to take advantage of the extra days after NOLA, but wasn't it great to have the overnight and extra day in Cozumel?![emoji16][emoji1303]

Yep, I agree.... Super crew/super ship![emoji41][emoji924]

Sent from my iPhone

I was wondering, with so many getting off the ship, did they allow anyone to move to another room? So, someone with an inside could maybe get a balcony?

I understand that about half the guests or so did get off the ship in NOLA. I thought about the same thing, especially since I was in an inside cabin. I considered asking for an upgrade, but in the end decided I didn't wanna bother. Color me lazy. [emoji16]

Really, I haven't heard whether anyone actually did change cabins. My best guess is that if someone requested it Carnival would have accommodated them, maybe at extra cost. But, I don't really know. [emoji41][emoji924]

Sent from my iPhone