Earliest disembarkation

qualifiedcruiseologist

Hi all. Does anyone know the earliest time we can disembark at istanbul if the journey docks at 6.00am?

Since nobody has replied, I'll provide some advice. Although have not traveled on Azamara as yet but, soon, have done close to 20 cruises and nobody can give you an earliest time to disembark. There are so many variables and possibilities including, but, not limited to late arrival, customs/port delays, unloading of luggage delays, etc. that while you will get debark information mid cruise where you can choose your option and potential debark time, never can tell if that will hold up or there will be delays.

For instance we arrived in Ft. Lauderdale on our last cruise several hours before the scheduled arrival time. We chose 9 to 9:30 as debark time and while there were no announcements about delays, the first announced times were later than the schedule and our color was not called until 10:40. We made our flight but, the delay was never explained.

So, if you are basing your flight time on a ship departure time, allow more time for possible delays. You don't want to be stressed at the end of a wonderful vacation.

Have a great cruise,

I'm hopping on here to ask if anyone has ever disembarked prior to the end of the cruise (and not because they were disgruntled!) We are considering leaving our cruise a day early in Quepos, where transportation to the southern part of Cost Rica will be easier for us rather than transiting overnight, just to disembark further north. I'm fairly sure there must be some who have done this at some point, (maybe in Europe) just wondering how far in advance you needed to notify the ahip.

Edited by Familygoboston

I'm hopping on here to ask if anyone has ever disembarked prior to the end of the cruise (and not because they were disgruntled!) We are considering leaving our cruise a day early in Quepos, where transportation to the southern part of Cost Rica will be easier for us rather than transiting overnight, just to disembark further north. I'm fairly sure there must be some who have done this at some point, (maybe in Europe) just wondering how far in advance you needed to notify the ahip.

We cruised on Seabourn last year. Our cruise finished with 2 nights in Venice. We booked this cruise very late so found we could not get a morning flight out of Venice. Therefore left the ship the day we arrived in Venice. Had a splendid day. After breakfast walked to the Peggy Guggenhiem museum. Returned for lunch, packed, had afternoon tea then disembarked at 18.30. Caught late flight to LGW and were home by 23.30.

Just informed Seabourn we would be doing this two days before arriving in Venice

Hello familygoboston,

Let the ship know on the first day of your cruise of your disembark plans.

We cruised on Seabourn last year. Our cruise finished with 2 nights in Venice. We booked this cruise very late so found we could not get a morning flight out of Venice. Therefore left the ship the day we arrived in Venice. Had a splendid day. After breakfast walked to the Peggy Guggenhiem museum. Returned for lunch, packed, had afternoon tea then disembarked at 18.30. Caught late flight to LGW and were home by 23.30.

Just informed Seabourn we would be doing this two days before arriving in Venice

Thank you both! I'm still firming up plans, but it's proving to be more expensie/time to travel back to the Osa peninsula from the debarkation port than it would be to leave the ship 12 hours early. If we decide to do that, I'll be sure to let them know onboard of our plans upon embarkation!

We tried to do that once (in a different country) for the same reasons you mention. The company advised that there would be extra port and customs costs for us personally to absorb because of the earlier departure (one port earlier than the usual port of disembarkation). This may not apply to you because you are leaving in the same country, just a different city, but you might wish to check because there may be extra cost involved and it is good to know this in advance prior to making your travel plans.