Favourite food and a couple of questions.

welshfamily

Firstly I would like to thank Andy for posting some sample menus.

As cruisers new to Azamara we have not yet experienced the food and these menus look yummy. They have however, raised some questions.

I wonder if anyone can tell me if there is a everyday menu of Favourites e.g. French onion soup, grilled Salmon etc?

Can such things as a fruit plate be ordered to replace the starter and soup course?

Do you have to let the dinning room know if you choose to eat in the windows cafe eg when there are special buffet nights...white night etc?

If you have special dietary needs who do you see?

Lastly please would anyone like to share their favourite dish with us as I think we will have difficulty choosing.

Firstly I would like to thank Andy for posting some sample menus.

As cruisers new to Azamara we have not yet experienced the food and these menus look yummy. They have however, raised some questions.

I wonder if anyone can tell me if there is a everyday menu of Favourites e.g. French onion soup, grilled Salmon etc?

Can such things as a fruit plate be ordered to replace the starter and soup course?

Do you have to let the dinning room know if you choose to eat in the windows cafe eg when there are special buffet nights...white night etc?

If you have special dietary needs who do you see?

Lastly please would anyone like to share their favourite dish with us as I think we will have difficulty choosing.

I'll try to answer the questions in order.

There is a list of everyday favourites which includes fish (salmon), steak and chicken. There are also side orders you can obtain such as rice, baked potatoes etc.

Although we've never ordered a fruit dish to replace starter and soup course, we have never had a problem doing so for desert. I imagine they would have no problem fulfilling your request.

You do not need to notify the MDR concerning participation in any special meal occasion, nor if you decide to go to Windows for its special buffets.

As for notifying the restaurant concerning special diet, you should notify shoreside prior to leaving, the Maitre D or his designate upon embarkation, and we have found it useful to eat in the same area of the MDR so as to work with the same server team.

Hope this helps.

Favourite dishes - the apple trilogy dessert and on a similar theme, the apple and honey ice cream, always delicious. Another ice cream to check out is the cinnamon ice cream

Thank you norski for answering my questions. Although we have filled in the special needs form we didn't add the details re food. Our son can't digest food without taking Enzymes as his pancreas doesn't work therefore he needs a heads up re content of sauces etc. sometimes this is easy to find, other times far more difficult hence the fruit plate instead of starters/soups etc. He hates to cause a fuss and prefers to eat plain food if the alternative is problematic. Celebrity's Blu restaurant is ideal as most food can be served without sauces or on with sauces on the side and we are hoping Azamara's food is also freshly prepared instead of simply plated up. Our TA did ask before we booked but peoples real experience is more useful.

Phil,

Apple trilogy sounds divine. What's more we all love ice cream. Hope you are enjoying your cruise.

Thank you norski for answering my questions. Although we have filled in the special needs form we didn't add the details re food. Our son can't digest food without taking Enzymes as his pancreas doesn't work therefore he needs a heads up re content of sauces etc. sometimes this is easy to find, other times far more difficult hence the fruit plate instead of starters/soups etc. He hates to cause a fuss and prefers to eat plain food if the alternative is problematic. Celebrity's Blu restaurant is ideal as most food can be served without sauces or on with sauces on the side and we are hoping Azamara's food is also freshly prepared instead of simply plated up. Our TA did ask before we booked but peoples real experience is more useful.

Phil,

Apple trilogy sounds divine. What's more we all love ice cream. Hope you are enjoying your cruise.

You are welcome.

If all is going to plan, the MDR manager, or someone of similar rank, should bring the next day's menu to your son to make certain that he has an acceptable meal. At times it was the server performing that function, hence the benefit of working with the same server during your cruise.

We have found this system works quite well. In all of our experience there has been only one meal where the dietary concerns became an issue and it was resolved.

Like your son, my wife hates if there is a "fuss" regarding her meals and I can appreciate his concern.

Have a great cruise!

Celebrity's Blu restaurant is ideal as most food can be served without sauces or on with sauces on the side and we are hoping Azamara's food is also freshly prepared instead of simply plated up.

Our one experience with Azamara was such that sauces could be put on the side or left off, on certain meals. For example, I do not like garlic (actually, I should say it does not like me) and the steak on the everyday menu was prepared in a butter garlic sauce. I simply told the waiter, "no sauce, only salt and pepper, and if it comes to the table with anything else, I'm sorry but I will have to send it back to the kitchen." It came perfectly prepared, salt and pepper only. Based on our one - 12 day experience, I really believe that everything that can be prepared fresh is prepared that way on Azamara, not plated.

We are really looking forward to our next cruise, a 16 day transatlantic full of fresh, well-prepared food!

Phil,

A fruit plate is on the list of items with the salmon, steak and chicken others have mentioned that you can have at any time. So, it will be no problem for your son to have it any time he wants.

And even if it wasn't available constantly, Azamara crew are so accommodating they would organise it for you.

Enjoy your first cruise with Azamara.

Phil,

Do not be concerned you will have a card in your room asking that you have a chat with the restaurant manager. They are great at both creating alternatives but also in alerting the staff to make sure there are no problems each night.

Most of Azamara's food is plated up, but the waiters seem able to have more variation on the plating and they are so willing to make you something else if you ask the morning ahead

I also had the same questions so thank you for posing them and thank you to all who have answered. THis is our first Azamara cruise as well so any info is greatly appreciated. I like your son have dietary issues and also hate making a fuss and usually just stick to what I know but sometimes things are prepared different or you'd like to try something new. So thank you