Cost of photos - Solstice

sleepless

What is the cost of the photo's taken by the photographers on the Solstice? Are different size photo's available? Can individual photo's be purchased, or do you have to buy a package?

Do the ship photographers take your picture, before boarding, with a backdrop of the cruise ship?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
What is the cost of the photo's taken by the photographers on the Solstice? Are different size photo's available? Can individual photo's be purchased, or do you have to buy a package?

Do the ship photographers take your picture, before boarding, with a backdrop of the cruise ship?

Thanks.

We "won" a package of 10 pics which cost 175.00/ We've always refused all pics so we were scrambling to get our pics taken so we'd have something by the end of the cruise. We took some formal pics on the last sea night. Some of the poses were so cheesy that I was laughing my butt off during the pics.

Here's how to get details on your particular sailing.

http://www.mycruisephotos.com/CEL/Portal.aspx

Enter ship and sailing date then see menu of pricing and options.

As prior poster said, there is a $175 package with 10 prints. $225 to get all photos you are in. Individual prices cary, sometimes special s offered on board, but assume around $30 for a single picture, maybe $20. Sometimes I've seen buy 2 get 1 free last couple days. On one of mine, I had bought 2 early in cruise and found a 3rd I wanted last night, and they extended the discount to me.

Prints usually had a big and several small images. Like an 8x10 with 3 3x4 or so printed on one sheet.

Another thing to consider, is if you see a pic of you you like, but maybe they added a tacky border, just take the pic to them and they will reprint without the border, or let you choose one you like. Or if you want it in different sizes, again just ask.

I'm fairly confident they use Facial recognition software that matches you to your boarding security photo. This is because I never give my SeaPass card when getting random shots, yet find I can see many of the pix of me on my tv in the cabin. Not all, but many.

There are multiple stations during boarding to get a shot in front of backdrop of the ship, as well they break them out on formal nights around the ship if you want a more formal version.

We had an issue with the photo packages on our recent cruise on Eclipse.

We were thinking of buying all the photos, but were told we could not include pictures of our son (15 months old and staying in our cabin) with my parents (other cabin).

So we just bought 3 individual photos (for which we had discount coupons) instead...

Maybe not related to the OP's request, but something to keep in mind when buying a photo package.