Silver Wind Advice Needed

ChicagoJohn

Hello Everyone!

I am hoping I can get some advice.

I have an opportunity to book a February 2017 cruise on the Silverseas Silver Wind with DH.

This is a charter cruise that will feature nightly entertainment by noted Broadway performers which is of great interest to us.

The price is a little high, but that is because of the nature of the cruise.

I read the reviews on Cruise Critic and they were so bad, I am thinking I should cancel my reservation while I am still in the 7 day free cancellation window.

Does anyone have any first hand knowledge that will help us make an informed decision?

I appreciate any help.

Thank you!

We just booked a sailing for January 2017 (there is no roll call started yet) and the reviews are abysmal, however, I will say that there are very few very current reviews and some go back as far as 2014 and early 2015. My biggest concern is the comments surrounding worn and tired decor, shipped paint, rust etc. The food reviews are meh and although good food is a factor, we tend to eat a light and healthy breakfast and a very light lunch if we have anything at all. The dinner reviews seem to be pretty good. Can anyone comment on the decor in the common spaces and the cabins?

The Wind is in one of the best shapes over the other three ships built just after the Wind. Will be back on her in in about nine weeks. We definitely don't go cruising for the food prepared at sea. All I can say if your going cruising for fine dining it's only going to be as good as those mass market ships dining venues you have to pay for. Don't be afraid. Go for it...

The Wind is in one of the best shapes over the other three ships built just after the Wind. Will be back on her in in about nine weeks. We definitely don't go cruising for the food prepared at sea. All I can say if your going cruising for fine dining it's only going to be as good as those mass market ships dining venues you have to pay for. Don't be afraid. Go for it...

Thank you for your comments! Food is so subjective. We just returned from Oceania's Regatta ~ I thought the food was fantastic yet I heard complaints from people. If I don't have to cook it or serve it I'm good! We are going to give it a go.

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is a late reply as I am just starting to post on CC but anyone reading this with the same concerns might find helpful. We were on the Wind in March and were worried because of the same negative reviews. We were pleasantly surprised and it was one of the best travel experiences ever. The crew was wonderful, the food was very good to excellent, the fellow passengers became great friends, and the ship was kept up well. Obviously everything can't be perfect but we truly had nothing to complain about. I believe the Wind is going into dry dock this fall (2016) so the spring 2017 bookings may benefit from that. SS reps will tell you when ships are going in for refurbishment if you call.

I know this is a late reply as I am just starting to post on CC but anyone reading this with the same concerns might find helpful. We were on the Wind in March and were worried because of the same negative reviews. We were pleasantly surprised and it was one of the best travel experiences ever. The crew was wonderful, the food was very good to excellent, the fellow passengers became great friends, and the ship was kept up well. Obviously everything can't be perfect but we truly had nothing to complain about. I believe the Wind is going into dry dock this fall (2016) so the spring 2017 bookings may benefit from that. SS reps will tell you when ships are going in for refurbishment if you call.

Dry Dock would be fantastic news! I hope there is press about the updates.

I am on the Wind now. She's clean, cozy, the food has been exceptionally good, as have the wines. And the crew is as usual....wonderful! So far, so VERY good!

Hope you are both having a wonderful time, very envious as we are not going on a cruise this year and I am beginning to have withdrawal symptoms.

Rp

crusinpashmina, can you ask Capt Arma when the Wind is going into the Fall drydock and when she's coming out. My understanding is that she'll be out of service from 10/10-11/8. We're on for the Transatlantic from Barcelona-FLL. Thanks

Hi to all on this thread - we are also on the Wind with Cruisin Pashmina, doing B2B - Monte Carlo to Tower Bridge.

This is our second leg - for answers on questions posed here - please see my contemporaneous review "Wind Blown to Tower Bridge".

Kindest regards

Master Echo