Anthem shows -family friendly?

We will be on Anthem in August with our 9-year-old son. He really likes music so we are thinking of bringing him to a show or two. The shows available are We a Will Rock You, The Gift and Spectra.

Does anyone know if any of these are family friendly and/or definitely not for kids?

Thanks!

We will be on Anthem in August with our 9-year-old son. He really likes music so we are thinking of bringing him to a show or two. The shows available are We a Will Rock You, The Gift and Spectra.

Does anyone know if any of these are family friendly and/or definitely not for kids?

Thanks!

We Will Rock You is absolutely family friendly. I loved watching the Gift, but did not understand it, but it is worth seeing. Spectra is a Cabaret setting with suggestive motions and dancing. I was very conservative with my children, so it would not have worked for us. We tried to preserve their innocence as long as possible! I hope other's give their opinions too as I may be off base here.

We saw the 3 shows starting on May 5. WWRY was pretty good (kinda loud). We are going back on Anthem in June and taking the 3 grands. 10, 7, 5. We will 'babysit' the 5 y.o. for WWRY (too long for him to sit through and too loud for his sensory issues). The other 2: we will talk to the parents (who are also going) and decide if the 10 & 7 would enjoy them. The Gift... probably not. Spectra...maybe but iffy.

In taking the risk of a slight counter opinion to a subjective question, and after making the disclosure that I do not have kids, I would caution that WWRY may be iffy for your 9 year old, depending on the level of maturity. There are definitely some adult-oriented jokes, some profanity and a scene or two where the characters are dressed in what could be described by some as lingerie.

I'm sure plenty will respond to say how ridiculous it is that I would say so, but I probably wouldn't suggest the show for anyone under 12 or 13. It's also a full (multiple hour) show, that we personally found to drag on at parts and be a little "out there" in others, so make sure your child can handle not only content, but a long show that is a little "creative" in places, as well.

Spectra's Caberet may be a little too mature for a 9 year old, too.

All of that being said, just don't bring the poor kid to the Quest else the rest of this is for naught!

I remember we will rock you had a disclaimer for adults only.

We saw it on Anthem 2 weeks ago, they did put a disclaimer at the beginning even at the 2.30pm show. I really enjoyed it and whilst there was nothing offensive in it for me I'm sure there will always be someone who will not like some of the language or dialogue.

We sailed on the Anthem last week with our 9 year old. We did not see WWRY as there was a warning of the shows' "mature nature". Spectra's Cabaret was a fun collection of songs, dancing, acrobatics, high heels, and big wigs. My 9 year old loved it!. The Gift was good too, much more of a traditional musical in the theater. Nothing in either show was overtly "mature". Have Fun! :)

This is one of the reasons I like cruise critic. Everyone has a different opinion, but says why.

On another thread, there was an adult couple who thought Saturday Night Fever was too risque, so they left the show. Hope they didn't do Quest, the Marriage Game IR any late night comedy!