drinks ?

Equisport

hi,

im looking at drinks packages and trying to weight it all up

there is a standard package (drinks up to $6) which i can find hardly any info on ?

we thought the classic would suit us , we drink beer / wine and happy with basic cocktails.

but on the standard it says inc cocktails upto $6 ..... is there any ? i find it hard to imagine there is !

Pick whatever package will cover your basic drinks...that's what we like, too...domestic beer, and vodka tonics...very simple! Wine is so overpriced...even what I consider to be "cheap" wine at home is freaking expensive on the ship....so I skip wine for a week! Does my liver good!

Your price info is out of date...but not overly important at this point. If you get the Classic Package it will cover most common drinks (made with lower cost booze) and a small choice of red/white/rose wine...which are all the kind of wines that sell for less then $8 a bottle in a wine shop. If you are content with vin ordinaire...and not too choosy about the brand gin/vodka in your martini...you will be fine. As to beer, the Classic Package covers a selction of beers which may or may not suffice. Upgrading to Premium will increase your choice of beers (I am a Guinness man so prefer to have the Premium Package which covers this brew). There is no need to choose between the packages before your cruise. Once on the ship, if you are unhappy with the Classic choices, you can simply upgrade (at any bar) to the Premium Package which vastly increases your options. No need to make this decision before you are on the ship and actually get a feel for what is what. And you can even wait a day or two to upgrade to Premium and give yourself some time to see if the Classic package meets you needs. I should have mentioned that if you do not buy any package prior to boarding, you can always do that once aboard.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

I just looked into this recently because we were booking with the included classic package and evaluating the value of getting the premium by booking at the "go best" rate. From looking at menu's that are posted, roughly half the drinks at the standard bars were under the covered amount and a few of the wines by the glass. I think you can still get any basic drink covered if you don't ask for premium liquor though, besides what is on the menu. But the fancier bars and specialty cocktails weren't covered at all. Unfortunately, of course, we prefer the fancy cocktails so will probably be upgrading to premium. So, just depends on your tastes and preferences.

Just back from a cruise on this ship and would highly recommend buying the drinks package as the prices for drinks have significantly increased. We had the classic package which covered most things however, as hubby likes his ales he used his free onboard credit to upgrade his to the premium. I like cocktails and merrily worked my way through the list( and many others not on the list) and was never charged extra. I got the impression that no matter what bar you were in if your card showed you had a drinks package they didn't question what you were drinking. We had excellent wines at our table( regularly replenished by our wine waiter) and brandy's after our meal. Our drink package certainly paid off.