Semi-submersible excursions?

patdon

Is the semi-submersible excursion worth doing (for someone who is not able to go snorkling)?

Our cruise offers this excursion at Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Aruba, St Maarten, and Grand Bahama. If it's worth doing (to see lots of colorful tropical fish), which location would offer the best viewing?

For reasons I won't bother to explain in full (the husband was badly sunburned ....) so I went on this semi-sub with a cruise friend in Nassau. Have to admit that it was MUCH better than I expected. Also :o hate to admit :o ... but actually saw more fish than I do at times snorkeling! :rolleyes:

Give it a try! Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

I did the sub in Grand Cayman in 1997 and was not impressed. Very few fish, murkey and stuffy. I saw way more fish snorkeling. I would never do this again in any other area. But then again I'm a snorkeler and prefer to be out in it. I suppose for the non-snorkeler it would be fun.

Some of you are talking about the Atlantis submarine. I'm asking about the semi-submersible -- a boat that stays on the surface, but has a 5 or 6 ft deep hull, with windows. At least that's what I'm imagining from reading about it.

I really wonder how much you actually see, do you have a window to yourself (or is it crowded), and which island would have the best viewing.

Archived