Penthouse Question

Kinkajou

We are looking at taking our first Regent cruise. in looking at the deck plans, it appears that the B penthouse is MUCH larger than the C penthouse. Info says square footage ranges from 370 to 443 sq.ft. Is the B a lot more preferable?

Thanks for opinions.

Hi and welcome to the Regent board. Could you tell us which ship you are thinking of booking as the PH suites are different on each ship and I don't recall which ship would have such a difference between the "B" and "C" category. Generally the "A", "B" and "C" category only refers to the location of the suite.

Thanks!

Okay - now I understand. On the Voyager the PH "C" suites are a bit smaller than the "A" or "B" suites but have a huge balcony. I'm not sure where you are reading the square footage that you posted. According to the Regent website, the "A" and "B" PH suites are 320 sq. ft. with a 50 sq. ft. balcony while the "C" PH suites are 306 sq. ft. with a 80-137 sq. ft. balcony.

The one thing to consider about aft suites on the Voyager is that there can be a significant vibration when the ship hits certain speeds and/or in choppy water. This is a deal-breaker for some people while others are not bothered by it at all. Just think that you should be aware of it.

I also suggest for people still in the "considering stage" of booking that you find a TA that regularly books Regent. We always feel badly when someone books with their favorite agent who may be lovely but is not familiar with Regent. Too often they are not given information that could have been extremely helpful to them. Also, many TA's that book luxury cruises offer a percentage of your cruise fare back (right before you sail) and sometimes will also provide OBC's (depending upon the itinerary).

Kinkajou - our one trip on Voyager was in a PH C - 878, to be precise - and it is smaller than the other PH suites; you're paying for the location (and the butler). I believe that the PH C is the same size as the standard suites, but they're not drastically smaller than the other PH suites. I think you're going from 320 sq ft to about 306 - still a good-sized cabin!

The only negative thing I recall from that suite was some occasional soot settling on the deck furniture if the wind was blowing wrong, but according to the cruise director on our last cruise, they're burning a newer, cleaner fuel now so that shouldn't be an issue.

I'd sail in one again.

Thanks for asking the question. We are on the voyager in December and it looks very empty. I am hoping for an up sell. Any other thoughts from any of you kind folks about the penthouse suites that involve something you won't get in the regular suites?

Thanks

Josephone

josephone, not sure if you are booked into a concierge suite already. If not, going to a PH suite will give you the concierge benefits described on this page of the Regent website https://www.rssc.com/experience/concierge-amenities/ in addition to having a butler. Being able to book excursions and dining reservations online earlier is, IMO, a great benefit!

The Voyager was our favorite ship until the Explorer was launched in July and we have stayed in PH suites. The PH "A" and "B" suites are not much larger than regular suites but the square configuration makes the suite feel larger and is easier to get around. We also like the PH suites that are mid-ship so we can avoid the infamous aft vibration (we have stayed in an aft suite and it wasn't that bad but it definitely annoys some people).

TC

We have been several times on the voyager. We have experienced the vibration in the Veranda. Sometimes, I just couldn't stand to be back there. But, it hasn't slowed us ferromagnetic booking on the Voyager. But, we always book a cabin midship or forward!