Explorer TA

Bigdogwon

Marc,

Nice try :D but I think the pass for a spa treatment is only good on the day of the spa treatment. In any event, I thought you and Arlene were Platinum which would get you into that area whenever you wanted.

Yes, but the reason i have loved Radisson (and to an extent Regent) is that there was no class differentiation onboard; that was the biggest difference with mainstream cruise lines. Now, it seems like Regent is trying to instill a differentiation. It is bad enough that large suites can get specialty dining reservations for every night while I have found it harder and harder to get reservations onboard (I don't book in advance as Regent requires you to provide all cabin numbers in reservation).

Oh, well, I guess there are still three Regent ships that will welcome me onboard. :(

Marc, based on your Seven Seas society status, you could go to the infinity pool every day if you wish - no need to make a phony reservation (I have a feeling that wouldn't work -- am guessing that, under the original guidelines, you can use the infinity pool on the day of your spa reservation - not the whole time.

My prediction is that people will lose interest in the infinity pool quickly and it will not be crowded. While the view from the lounges is nice, the space is much too cramped (good place to go if you want to hide from everyone). IMO, the infinity pool is the most overrated part of the ship.

Agree about Regent putting their toes into the "class system". While I don't like it, as long as it is not visible to others, I can live with it. Even though passengers in the Grand and Master suites can dine in a specialty restaurant every night, I cannot think of a reason why they would want to. The Explorer is not like Oceania where the food in main dining room and buffet restaurant drove us to eat in specialties every night (and when we couldn't get in, we had room service). Compass Rose is amazing. Once or twice in a specialty restaurant is all that we need.

Agree about Regent putting their toes into the "class system". While I don't like it, as long as it is not visible to others, I can live with it.

I think Regent started down this slippery slope when they removed the ban on tips to individual crew members. There are too many today that give tips that the crew, even unintentionally, probably do respond to the tips (obviously i am talking about tips given during the cruise, not at the end).

Marc

I think Regent started down this slippery slope when they removed the ban on tips to individual crew members. There are too many today that give tips that the crew, even unintentionally, probably do respond to the tips (obviously i am talking about tips given during the cruise, not at the end).

Marc

Agree 100%.