surely the end of civilisation as we know it.

mds143

I've just returned from a cruise on the Azura (transatlantic). Before the cruise I was looking forward to the occasional full English breakfast and the golden triangle of wonder that was served as the fried bread on board in particular.

Image my horror, when I was served just regular fried white bread instead.

I thought it must be a mistake, but I soon discovered that I was wrong.

So it looks like P & O have stopped serving their amazing fried bread and have started serving regular fried bread instead.

Before we all start to panic and start writing to the prime minister, the queen or the times, I'd like to check if this is fleet wide or just the Azura.

Does anybody have any information on this?

Maybe we can start a support group (assuming I'm not the only one devistated by this) to help us cope.

Regards

Mike

I don't eat the fried bread but enjoy looking longingly at it! I'm sure my husband would be upset if it was removed. Let's hope the just ran out that cruise and had to improvise. Cost cutting on the fried bread would be a step too far [emoji6] They had it on Arcadia last month.

Edited by Florry

Personally I can't STAND fried bread of any kind (sorry mds143!) but I've asked my husband who has a full English every morning and he says he would be very sorry if they stopped serving the blessed Golden Triangles.

Has anybody else seen them cutting up the triangles in the Pizza bar when things go quiet? They use left over crusty loaves

Perhaps it is all a plot to get us all back to the porridge on holiday.

I love porridge at home but hate the P&O version - too watery and runny! Same with scrambled eggs - too greasy for me on board yet love them at home.

Try not to worry too much. When we first went on an American cruise line we had to eat American bacon (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) but I soon discovered that I loved it and was very excited to see it in a hotel in Rome recently. :D:)

:D

Try not to worry too much. When we first went on an American cruise line we had to eat American bacon (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) but I soon discovered that I loved it and was very excited to see it in a hotel in Rome recently. :D:)

:D

What's different about American bacon?

I love porridge at home but hate the P&O version - too watery and runny! Same with scrambled eggs - too greasy for me on board yet love them at home.

Same here. I only had it once and it was like wallpaper paste! Their Bircher Muesli is delicious though.

Not happy with the scrambled egg? When we went to US on Aurora a couple of years ago omelettes disappeared from the breakfast menu the day before we reached New York, only to return the day we sailed into Campnadian waters. Scrambled eggs were available on all days. Think that could provide the answer to your dislike of the scrambled eggs.

Not happy with the scrambled egg? When we went to US on Aurora a couple of years ago omelettes disappeared from the breakfast menu the day before we reached New York, only to return the day we sailed into Campnadian waters. Scrambled eggs were available on all days. Think that could provide the answer to your dislike of the scrambled eggs.

Lol eggs don't like me either, they give me eggsma [emoji24]