Post Cruise Hotel Intricacies - Does Regent Follow You?

Aloha Nui Loa to all. Recently discovered these boards and have learned much about some things I've never considered. I've posted a few comments and have found some truly knowledgeable individuals.

Coming from Honolulu, [Please, no pity, I deplore Pity!] we will be traveling two days before seeing Europe.

For that reason we always plan two nights on each side of a Cruise as the aperitif and the dessert of our vacation. In connection with past Regent Cruises our TA set us up (sub Concierge Suites) with excellent accommodations including airport / hotel transfers. This time we're entitled to the Regent Pre-cruise night (+1) and have arranged through Regent for two nights post cruise - but not the full tour package. Just the hotel room (I believe...)

My question is: Will the transportation from the Hotel (JW Marriott Grovesnor Hotel London) to the airport (I assume LHR) be pre-arranged and included?

Edited by daetchief
typos

When you "deviate" you typically lose Regent transportation. Your did mention whether or not you booked your air through Regent but based on what you have posted, you likely will not receive transportation through Regent.

Since all arrangements are through Regent' date=' you will have transfers to the airport from London.[/quote']

Not necessarily true. We always deviate and almost always use Regent Air. When we arrive early or leave late we generally have to do our own transportation to the ship and from the ship to the airport. This is not set in stone. For instance, if you are staying at the same hotel as Regent provides for their pre-cruise hotel you likely will need to get to the hotel on your own but can join the Regent group on a bus going to the ship. We have also left the ship early (the night before debarkation) and had to do our own transportation.

Whether transfers are included is indicated on your Regent invoice. It is always a good idea to check with your TA (assuming that your TA is knowledgeable about Regent and books cruise on them frequently).

I have an email into my TA but don't expect a response until tomorrow [Monday].

In my experience, there were always Regent greeters at the airport - days ahead of embarkation day.

If 'their' passengers were arriving, they were there to greet them.

I seem to recall Regent could/would get you to a pre-arranged [aka Regent] Hotel or the Airport on disembarking day, but wasn't clear [unless you were traveling with an established tour] if a car or coach would be already arranged once your 2-3 night stay was complete.

Our Regent Invoice lists both pre and post hotels by name [probaby the offered pre/post cruise ones] and shows arrival and departure dates that match the early and delayed traveling days. The greatest assurance [besides her pending confirmation] is that my TA hasn't asked for additional $$$. For that, she never misses her queue!

Now I'm really looking forward to your TA's response as we have not previously heard of Regent greeters being at the airport except for the day of embarkation and the day before (although this was not the case when we first started cruising with Regent).

Please let us know what they say. Thanks!

From the fine print on the Regent Post Cruise itinerary:

EXTRA NIGHTS: Should you book any extra nights through the cruise line, you will be transferred to the airport per your departure flight details. Please note that check out time is 12:00pm.

This looks promising!

I have an email into my TA but don't expect a response until tomorrow [Monday].

In my experience, there were always Regent greeters at the airport - days ahead of embarkation day.

If 'their' passengers were arriving, they were there to greet them.

I seem to recall Regent could/would get you to a pre-arranged [aka Regent] Hotel or the Airport on disembarking day, but wasn't clear [unless you were traveling with an established tour] if a car or coach would be already arranged once your 2-3 night stay was complete.

Our Regent Invoice lists both pre and post hotels by name [probaby the offered pre/post cruise ones] and shows arrival and departure dates that match the early and delayed traveling days. The greatest assurance [besides her pending confirmation] is that my TA hasn't asked for additional $$$. For that, she never misses her queue!

E

Your experience is the same as ours. Regent handled everything for us pre and post. We did stay at a Regent hotel and all transfers were handled by Regent. We were always greeted by a Regent rep at the airport.

The best answer is, to have your TA secure this and get it in writing.

daetchief,

Hotels booked through the Regent pre or post-cruise hotel program appear to include transportation between the ship, the hotel and the airport. See: https://www.rssc.com/experience/personalized-options/luxury-hotel-packages/. so it looks like your post cruise transportation to the hotel and the airport will be provided by Regent at no extra charge.

A lightbulb just went off in my head....... you are saying that the extra nights (pre-cruise and post-cruise) are booked through Regent? This is unusual because of the exorbitant rates that Regent charges. In this specific case, Regent would give you transportation. Regent also gives you transportation when you are Titanium. I'm glad that this question came up as it is nice to remember something that hasn't been brought up in such a long time (we stayed at Regent's hotel before a cruise but that was in 2006 - before "included pre--nights" and we did get a transfer -- the price was exorbitant - even at that time).

Your Pre-Cruise Itinerary documents are much more accurate than any of us on CC. This is definitely awakening my memory banks:D

Datechief - Aloha. Great to hear your greetings. I am from Hawaii too. I MISS MY OLD HOME!

Carole

Aloha Carole,

We love the islands, but we are looking forward to going holo holo this fall. I'm waiting to see the Voyager (?) when she comes through Honolulu this winter. that will be a treat!

Come back soon!

Bob