Just about giving up on MSC on their Match Program!

messengerc21

I have taken 50 Cruises with Celebrity, Princess, NCL, Royal, Carnival and Holland. Saw MCL's match program and first applied on-line in Mid December. After applying 3 more times and calling 3 more as well, I finally had someone call me about 10 days ago. I resent to her my paperwork showing Elite on Celebrity and she did reply in a timely manner with our Black status and numbers by email. The next day I got an email with 2 completely different numbers. The Web site will not allow me on. I sent her an email asking for her help, with no reply to date. What is going on with these people?

I have taken 50 Cruises with Celebrity, Princess, NCL, Royal, Carnival and Holland. Saw MCL's match program and first applied on-line in Mid December. After applying 3 more times and calling 3 more as well, I finally had someone call me about 10 days ago. I resent to her my paperwork showing Elite on Celebrity and she did reply in a timely manner with our Black status and numbers by email. The next day I got an email with 2 completely different numbers. The Web site will not allow me on. I sent her an email asking for her help, with no reply to date. What is going on with these people?

I have been on 60+ cruises and found it very simple to get my black card. Faxed in a copy of Diamond Plus and got the card.

Although I have heard of others having the same problem as you. Apparently there are short handed in this dept. This is a bad excuse but it is what it is.

BTW you won't get a new card in the mail when you check at the terminal you boarding card will be black.

I have been waiting three weeks for mine. I could not get through to the voyagers club department but was given the email address to send the information to. I included my sailing date and attached photos of our Crown and Anchor status pages. I just sent this today so I don't know if it will work but I will post again if it goes through.

The email address is: mscvoyagersclub@msccruisesusa.com

Good luck!

We are having issues as well. I sent my info online and received a response about 10 days later. Carnival Platinum to MSC Gold. I called my TA to apply the 5% discount only to learn that the number assigned to me matched someone else and there were no records of me ever submitting any information. I've called MSC twice and also resubmitted my info online once again. Last time was a week ago. No reply so far.

It's all a bit frustrating but I'm not letting this give me an initial bad impression of MSC. Still, it shouldn't be this hard to figure out.

Edited by Tapi

Just wanted to post a success story.

I signed myself and spouse up 2 weeks ago...did it online, attached a jpeg of screenshot of Celebrity screen showing our status on each submission.

We each received emails yesterday with our new "black" level status.

I signed myself and spouse up 2 weeks ago...did it online, attached a jpeg of screenshot of Celebrity screen showing our status on each submission.

Your story sounds exactly like mine EXCEPT for the fact that after I received my email welcoming me to MSC with my gold status, the number that they sent me didn't match me. According to the agent that I spoke to, she said that their computer system must've merged my profile with someone else's with a similar name.

Up until that happened, I thought that I had a success story as well, so make sure that you double check your info before your cruise.

Edited by Tapi

Your story sounds exactly like mine EXCEPT for the fact that after I received my email welcoming me to MSC with my gold status, the number that they sent me didn't match me. According to the agent that I spoke to, she said that their computer system must've merged my profile with someone else's with a similar name.

Up until that happened, I thought that I had a success story as well, so make sure that you double check your info before your cruise.

I called my TA and told them I was now "black status"...they called MSC and got my 5% off the price...so it must all be good.

I called my TA and told them I was now "black status"...they called MSC and got my 5% off the price...so it must all be good.

Glad to hear that. Hope mine gets resolved soon! [emoji120]🏻

Just a follow up from my last post.

After I posted I decided to check my status on the MSC site and found I was now gold.

So I called MSC and talked to guest services. Kevin said he couldn't check on what happened but he would forward my information to the Voyager Club and they would be contacting me in 24-48 hours.

Today (the day after the 48 hours lapsed) I was getting ready to call but decided to check the web site first. Lo and behold it's back to Black. Never did get a call or email.

So I've taken a screen shot of that page and will check back occasionally I guess.

It is my understanding that the cruise docs are sent to my TA about 2 weeks before the cruise and she will forward them to me. Hopefully they will indicate the Black status.

Charlie

Good to hear. That's about when I sent ours in. Have been dreading the thought of having to call the (any) cruise line.