La Paz or Loreto for kayaking

Lorabelle

We are beginners. My husband has kayaked once before, and I have never. We would like to do an excursion in either La Paz or Loreto. Does anyone have any input regarding which port is best for kayaking and why?

Also, if you have any good tour operator recommendations, I'd love to hear them. The ship offers excursions, but we prefer to book on our own, if possible.

I can't speak for La Paz as I haven't used any tour operators there. As for Loreto, I can recommend Sea and Land tours as I have used them for scuba diving last year and am booked with them again this year. Check them out, they have day trips with snorkeling and kayaks can be added and they also have guided kayak tours... toursloreto dot com

I can't speak for La Paz as I haven't used any tour operators there. As for Loreto, I can recommend Sea and Land tours as I have used them for scuba diving last year and am booked with them again this year. Check them out, they have day trips with snorkeling and kayaks can be added and they also have guided kayak tours... toursloreto dot com

Thank you, I will look into this!

I can only speak to kayaking in La Paz. Balandra beach has an awesome protected cove for kayaking. It is actually very close to the cruise port and is the opposite direction from town. I am sure you can pick up a cab to take you out and back. Kayaks are available for rent on site as well as a little snack bar. If you go that direction, you should also head out to Tecelote Beach after kayaking. More services are available there including restaurants and boat tours of Espiritu Santo Island. Have fun!

BTW - you should look up both places on line including a review of maps and images to make a final decision.

Edited by SelectSys