dining package promo

lhlm75

Hey all, I am confused right now. I and my DH booked for a 7 day sailing in the Haven in 2016 and we have received free dining package and other perks last June . I understand that to the first two guests are getting the beverage and dining package. Since I am sailing with two other people; I decided to buy them dining packages too, so they could join us at any specialty restaurants. When I went to the website to make a payment I saw this:

FREE SPECIALTY DINING PACKAGE

The first two guests receive free dinners*

3-6 night cruise: 3 specialty dinners.

7-9 night cruise: 4 specialty dinners.

10-12 night cruise: 5 specialty dinners.

13-16 night cruise: 6 specialty dinners.

Ok, is this saying that anyone with the free dining package only could go to 4 restaurants for free?, because if this is the case I am buying the 4 meal specialty package. Do you know what I mean?:confused:

The first two people get unlimited dining in specialty restaurants. They changed the udp a few months ago to sdp which is the four specialty dinners on a seven night cruise however i think you can still purchase the udp (unlimited) at a higher rate than the sdp to give all the people travelling with you the same option as the first two passengers.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

It really depends on what the promo was when you booked. If you have the UDP, which should be identified on your confirmation, then you have specialty dining every night. I don't know when they changed it to the SDP but I believe they will honor the UDP if that was the offer when you purchased.

You may want to check with your TA if you used one. If not, perhaps someone here will know for sure. Unfortunately, the phone reps don't seem to have a clue so calling them won't be any help at all.......

The first two people get unlimited dining in specialty restaurants. They changed the udp a few months ago to sdp which is the four specialty dinners on a seven night cruise however i think you can still purchase the udp (unlimited) at a higher rate than the sdp to give all the people travelling with you the same option as the first two passengers.

I don't think this is true anymore for ALL bookings.

We're looking at an upcoming TransAtlantic, and would only get six specialty dinners for booking a suite. Then two for Platinum. That's different from our last TA where speciality was available every night.

gary

I don't think this is true anymore for ALL bookings.

We're looking at an upcoming TransAtlantic, and would only get six specialty dinners for booking a suite. Then two for Platinum. That's different from our last TA where speciality was available every night.

gary

I agree but op made it sound like he booked and got udp for the first two passengers...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Ok, is this saying that anyone with the free dining package only could go to 4 restaurants for free?, because if this is the case I am buying the 4 meal specialty package.
If you booked in June, the promo in effect at that time included the full UDP for guests 1-2. As cruzsnooz said, you can confirm this in your amenities listing. If this doesn't appear in your vacation summary on-line, ask your TA or NCL for it.

The UDP is not longer offered for sale, but you can buy the 7-meal SDP for your two travel companions, and they can join you for one specialty meal each day during your cruise. The cost is $119 + 18% service charge.

The suites got UDP, UBP, gratuities and more.

What I am saying is that things have changed.

gary