Beaches in Aruba

Arubalisa

The Radisson is now a Hilton.

Radisson stopped selling day passes long before it was bought by Hilton.

With that said, the Hilton is not selling day passes.

If you go back to the original post in this thread for a list of day passes offered.

If you want to go back to Palm Beach, there are numerous vendors in the area of the Hilton who rent chaises and umbrellas.

Again exact details on that are at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=45139280&postcount=1 the first post in this thread. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ive been to Aruba twice. The first time we went to Baby Beach. Loved it there but it is too far away. The second time...I wish I could remember. It was in the resort area.

My question is, we are looking for a quieter beach where we have gentle entrance to the water. No loud music (if possible). Gentle waves.

Any suggestions - we have a 6 year old so looking for calm water and beach.

Thank you!!!

We are looking at going to Eagle Beach we have a 4yr old and 6 year old what do you think ? I tried looking for pictures of the playground at Reflections but couldn't locate any ... Do you have any?

The Radisson is now a Hilton.

Radisson stopped selling day passes long before it was bought by Hilton.

With that said, the Hilton is not selling day passes.

If you go back to the original post in this thread for a list of day passes offered.

If you want to go back to Palm Beach, there are numerous vendors in the area of the Hilton who rent chaises and umbrellas.

Again exact details on that are at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=45139280&postcount=1 the first post in this thread. :)

Hi

We would like to walk along the beach for a bit. Stop at a restaurant/bar and have a drink. Maybe look at some of the resorts.

Would Eagle Beach be the best bet?

If we take the bus, where would the best stop be? Where would you recommend as a place for a quiet drink with maybe a nice view ?

Thanks!

I read all the posts. wow lots of info still not sure where to go. but my question is

bathrooms! are there any on the beaches and is there a place to change or do we have to wear our suits to each beach?

We were on Palm Beach a couple weeks ago. We took a taxi to the pier and found chair vendors just to the right. There was a restroom/changing room, but they charged .50 to use it.

We were on Palm Beach a couple weeks ago. We took a taxi to the pier and found chair vendors just to the right. There was a restroom/changing room, but they charged .50 to use it.

Kikkycat is referring to the restroom at the base of De Palm Pier. Directions on where it is located on Palm Beach are at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=45139280&postcount=1 listed under "Palm Beach". The Radisson is now a Hilton. All else is the same.

The taxi fares in the pdf linked above are correct. You need to add a $3 surcharge each way for pickup/drop off inside the cruise terminal. Also add an additional $3 each way on Sundays and National holidays.

With that said, it would be easier to take the bus rather than worry about securing a taxi back to the ship. The #10 bus turns around at Arashi Beach. ;)

Arashi Beach, Catalina Cove and Boca Catalina are all easy walking distance from one another.

IF you do decide to take a taxi pre-arrange for the driver to come back and pick you up to take you back to the ship.

So it's sounding like Palm beach will be good for us with the kids ..

Anything I should know about going there ?

The taxi fares in the pdf linked above are correct. You need to add a $3 surcharge each way for pickup/drop off inside the cruise terminal. Also add an additional $3 each way on Sundays and National holidays.

With that said, it would be easier to take the bus rather than worry about securing a taxi back to the ship. The #10 bus turns around at Arashi Beach. ;)

Arashi Beach, Catalina Cove and Boca Catalina are all easy walking distance from one another.

IF you do decide to take a taxi pre-arrange for the driver to come back and pick you up to take you back to the ship.

Yes, Palm Beach is best for kids-- calm water and activities. Just follow the instructions in post #1 in this thread for directions on where to go on Palm Beach. The Radisson is now a Hilton but all else is the same.

• 2 weeks later...

We went to Arashi Beach last week using the #10 bus. It was easy trip there however we wanted for over an hour and it never returned. Spoke with some people who said they had not seen it in awhile, finally asked another tour operator who didn't seem sure it would come all the way there if nobody was asking for that stop. They were nice and gave us a lift back to the ship.

Maybe we were just unlucky, but I would verify with the bus operator exactly where to be picked back up.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I find the bus schedule to be very inconsistent. When we go to Arashi, we always use a taxi,and confirm a time to be picked up. I have waited and waited for buses all over to Aruba, only to give up and find a taxi. Of course, your chances of finding a taxi at Arashi are slim to none. You were fortunate that you found someone to drive you back.

Thank you Aruba Lisa for all the info! :) We'll be in Aruba on Saturday, January 23rd from 8am to 11pm. I like the idea of taking my snorkel gear to Baby Beach and being able to enjoy lounging, food and drinks there as well. Since we have all day, a long bus ride should not be an issue. What bus should I take? How are the water temps this year? Has the strong El Nino affected you like it has us here in Maryland with unusually warm weather?

Thanks for the kind words.

Baby Beach is a great way to spend the day!

Water temperature in Aruba in January will average 79F. Yes, not as warm as you would expect, but due to the proximity of Aruba to Venezuela and up-welling of ocean currents after they collide with South America. When the heat index is 98F. + it will feel refreshing. :)

El Nino in Aruba is great for tourists in Aruba... higher than normal temperatures and less than average rain. The island receives on average about 19 inches of rain per year. Thus far this year through November 30 only 5.1 inches of rain had fallen in Aruba.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi ArubaLisa and thank you so much for all your help here!

I saw that 2 chairs and an umbrella at Palm Beach is $45 flat fee.

If we go to Moomba Beach and order from their restaurant, do they rent loungers/umbrellas? And if so, for how much?

Trying to decide if it's worth it to plant ourselves there. Thank you!

Hey again, ArubaLisa.

Always appreciate your advice. We have changed our minds several times. Want quiet but with a handy bar and some shade, so Moomba seems out after seeing some crowded pics. So, then we thought near Passions, but have read that is where tours let out through the day. How about near Costa Linda. I haven't read much, but Beach looks nice and wide. Are you allowed to use the bars and restaurants there? Bus or Cab there?

Or should I stick around MVC and Amsterdam?

After the morning of beach in this area, will probably take bus to Arashi and can you walk to lighthouse from there? It doesn't look far, but I don't see any trails on the satellite aerials.

Thanks again, Paul

I'm not Arubalisa but Costa Linda is where we vacation. They do not rent chairs there to anyone. Costa Linda has very tight security along the beach, and I often seeing them running people off who aren't resort guests. Your best bet would be to go to MVC. They have a beautiful wide beach that is very quiet, with a bar, restaurant, and bathrooms just steps away, across the street. They have a good selection of palapas and plenty of shade. If I were going to Aruba for the day, that is where I would go. We vacation there every year.

Edited by Hatteras51