Silhouette cabin#8105

Luckynana

We are booked on the Silhouette for our Mediterranean cruise next year in room 8105 in the front of the ship. I was wondering if anyone has pictures of the window in our room? We cruised the Mediterranean on RCCI Brilliance of the Seas four years ago in the front and were quite surprised to find that we had to stand on the bed in order to see out of our window!

Can anyone help me out with a picture or two? I would really appreciate it!:D

Maryann

We are booked on the Silhouette for our Mediterranean cruise next year in room 8105 in the front of the ship. I was wondering if anyone has pictures of the window in our room? We cruised the Mediterranean on RCCI Brilliance of the Seas four years ago in the front and were quite surprised to find that we had to stand on the bed in order to see out of our window!

Can anyone help me out with a picture or two? I would really appreciate it!:D

Maryann

I don't have any pics, but I was in 8107 and the windows are large, no standing on the bed! Be careful not to hit your head, though, as they tilt inwards! You'll enjoy the view!

• 1 year later...
We are early risers so it didn't really bother us but it was noisy when they dropped the anchor and somewhat noisy when docking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi. We are thinking of taking cabin 8105 on the Equinox. What was the view like from the window? I am concerned that it is obstructed. Do you have any pictures of the view?

• 10 months later...
I don't have any pictures of the view, but it wasn't obstructed.

Here is a link to my picture of the inside of the cabin. We really liked this cabin and wouldn't hesitate to book it again

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152255057982813&l=b7992ae0cb

We have booked this room for a b2b 14 nights in the Caribbean in mid January. Worried about motion sickness. Any feedback would be great. Thanks

We have booked this room for a b2b 14 nights in the Caribbean in mid January. Worried about motion sickness. Any feedback would be great. Thanks

You are as far forward as you can go on a ship. If the sailing is smooth throughout, you will have absolutely no problem. If the seas kick up, you will get more motion than anyone on the ship. If you are worried about motion sickness or have experienced it in the past, honestly this is not a cabin I would book. If the seas are calm you will be loving that cabin. If the seas are rough, you will be hating life.

And before anyone says "we had a cabin in that area and had no problem" every sailing (and every sailor) is different.

Thanks so much for the quick reply. Sums up how I feel....would love the position of cabin if all remains calm but would hate to be sea sick. May have to pick another cabin on deck 3 or upgrade to balcony. My TA keeps telling me the Caribbean is always calm at that time but I would have to be 100% sure.

Thanks so much for the quick reply. Sums up how I feel....would love the position of cabin if all remains calm but would hate to be sea sick. May have to pick another cabin on deck 3 or upgrade to balcony. My TA keeps telling me the Caribbean is always calm at that time but I would have to be 100% sure.

When is your cruise? Your TA is generally right, but there is no "always" when it comes to sea states.

We didn't have any problem, but are not prone to sea sickness. We actually enjoy it when the ship is rocking at night, and we sleep like babies. That being said, the last poster was correct that if you are prone to seasickness I wouldn't book this room. Even though the Caribbean is usually calm, you never know! We will definitely book this room on future cruises.

• 2 weeks later...

Dave and Diane, we loved this room in October for our Mediterranean Cruise! Everyone on our cabin crawl couldn't believe how spacious our room was. The season couldn't have been calmer for us. Great time with great people with great Weather!

Maryann

Sent from my SM-T350 using Forums mobile app