Special dining request

mtsublueraider

Is there a good way to get a special dining request in before boarding QM2? My wife is with child and has some aversions to certain foods. We normally like to meet people at meals but out of concern for her stomach she wants to eat in the main dining room but prefers we get a table for two so we are at our own pace. Please let me know who I should call or email. Thanks!

Yes, call Cunard or have your travel agent call Cunard and get your request in their system.

Whenever possible, the Chefs will do their best to adapt dishes on the main menu accordingly to suit guests needs. Guests who require a special diet will be approached on the first night by the Maitre'D in the restaurant to discuss their diet. A menu will then be provided for the following night's meal and the order taken in advance. This process will be repeated each night giving the Chef's plenty of time to plan and prepare meals accordingly.

Guests with allergies are not normally provided with a separate menu. The majority of special diets can always be accommodated in the main restaurants, however in the alternative dining venues where a cover charge applies you will need to notify the staff when making your booking of your dietary requirement.

When you make your dining request, you would enter a table for two there and request first or second sitting. Be aware that tables for two are very popular and are allocated according to booking date. If you book a late category guarantee your chances of getting one at first sitting won't be good.

Your wife cannot be further along than 23 weeks in order to sail:

Passengers who are pregnant may travel as long as they do not enter their 24th week of pregnancy by the final day of their cruise and their doctor has agreed both mother and baby are fit to travel.

Proof of EDD and Fitness to travel will be required by the medical department prior to travel.

You may contact the Medical Department with these details either by email at medical@carnivalukgroup.com

I just noticed that you are sailing in only two days? I don't intend to be mean but it's a hell of a time to ask.

Edited by BlueRiband

Yes, call Cunard or have your travel agent call Cunard and get your request in their system.

Whenever possible, the Chefs will do their best to adapt dishes on the main menu accordingly to suit guests needs. Guests who require a special diet will be approached on the first night by the Maitre'D in the restaurant to discuss their diet. A menu will then be provided for the following night's meal and the order taken in advance. This process will be repeated each night giving the Chef's plenty of time to plan and prepare meals accordingly.

Guests with allergies are not normally provided with a separate menu. The majority of special diets can always be accommodated in the main restaurants, however in the alternative dining venues where a cover charge applies you will need to notify the staff when making your booking of your dietary requirement.

When you make your dining request, you would enter a table for two there and request first or second sitting. Be aware that tables for two are very popular and are allocated according to booking date. If you book a late category guarantee your chances of getting one at first sitting won't be good.

Your wife cannot be further along than 23 weeks in order to sail:

Passengers who are pregnant may travel as long as they do not enter their 24th week of pregnancy by the final day of their cruise and their doctor has agreed both mother and baby are fit to travel.

Proof of EDD and Fitness to travel will be required by the medical department prior to travel.

You may contact the Medical Department with these details either by email at medical@carnivalukgroup.com

I just noticed that you are sailing in only two days? I don't intend to be mean but it's a hell of a time to ask.

Ha ha! Read it again. That's Queen Mary 2....... September 2016. :)

So are you just saying to call the main number? Thanks!

Ha ha! Read it again. That's Queen Mary 2....... September 2016. :)

So are you just saying to call the main number? Thanks!

Forgive me, but I'm not sure what you are asking...

If you wanted a table for two, you should have had options made clear when you made your booking.

Now that your booking is finalized, go to Voyage Personalizer. Your dining options should appear there - if not, or if not to your satisfaction, contact your booking source, i.e. Cunard or your travel agent.

Most importantly, cheers and best wishes for your expanding family. :)

Salacia

Forgive me, but I'm not sure what you are asking...

If you wanted a table for two, you should have had options made clear when you made your booking.

Now that your booking is finalized, go to Voyage Personalizer. Your dining options should appear there - if not, or if not to your satisfaction, contact your booking source, i.e. Cunard or your travel agent.

Most importantly, cheers and best wishes for your expanding family. :)

Salacia

Thank you so much. Yes, we requested the table for two but we realize they're hard to come by... especially for first timers on Cunard. I guess, and maybe selfishly, i'm trying to see if there's anything I can do to have a better chance at the table for two.

As the other posters have said, call Cunard or your travel agent and explain your situation. Once you get onboard, there will be a card in your cabin with your table assignment. Once you get that, you can go to the dining room and see if you are happy with your assignment. If not, one of the dining staff will be available that afternoon for change requests. There is usually a line with others who also have change requests. You can also go to your assigned table the first night. If you are not happy, you can make a change request after dinner or the next day at breakfast or lunch. I really think the dining staff will make every effort to help you.

Regarding aversions to certain foods: explain this to the maître d and I'm sure he'll arrange for you to see the menu a day in advance so you can plan accordingly.

Just to mention that chicken, steak and salmon are always available for dinner upon request, even if not on the menu. Bon voyage! -S.

Thank you so much. Yes, we requested the table for two but we realize they're hard to come by... especially for first timers on Cunard. I guess, and maybe selfishly, i'm trying to see if there's anything I can do to have a better chance at the table for two.

I don't necessarily think it is down to being a regular when tables for two are allocated.

I've always understood it was in chronological booking order and 'chosen' fare.

Hopefully your travel agent can help you with this. There are quite a few tables for 2. If you can go with the second seating, you might have a better chance of scoring a table for 2. Your last resort, as others have suggested, is to try to change tables by meeting with the maitre'd on the day you board the ship.