Classic Carribean dining tips re Candles, Stella?

vegasdriven

Wondering if any past cruisers of this trip would have any suggestions as to which nights would be best for our Candles reservation? Or does it matter- is it pretty much calm sailing between these islands?

Re Stella, has anyone shown up without a reservation, and been accommodated? For instance if Amphora is really crowded, is it worth trying to go upstairs?

The first cruise we did with Windstar (classic Italy), we were able to dine twice at Stella by dining with another couple that had reservations. That night it was very quiet there, and we had a really lovely experience.

No complaints with Amphora, other than some nights it does have that noisier atmosphere, and you sometimes have to accept a less than ideal table, and service which is a little less relaxing.

We loved Windsurf the first time, and looking forward to sailing on her again!

I think the best night for Candles depends on your own plans for each day. Will you be on tour all day? Is the beach BBQ the same day as your reservation? Do you want to make it a date night and need a little extra time to get ready? On Wind Surf you have two extra choices for dinner so do you want to mix it up each night?

I'm not sure there's a bad choice unless it's raining and then it's a little more difficult to eat under the stars.

As far as eating in one of the restaurants more than once I think they really want to give everyone the chance to eat at each at least once. I do believe if you're in a suite you can have more than one reservation.

We had to cancel one reservation (I wasn't feeling well) and took our second choice in trying to rebook. We did invite some new friends to join us and they had already eaten at the restaurant but were able to join us.

In the Caribbean eating at Candles any night is lovely while you are sailing. On the deck barbeque night Candles is not open. I happen to love the wind in the Caribbean, most people don't. I have eaten there more than once without issue, I will ask ahead which times are open, the same for the bistro. Often when the ship is in the port at night it is the busiest no sea movement, little wind. Happy Sailing.

Thanks for the replies!

Strenz, that was my assumption that it would be calmer in port, but good to know it is usually pleasant. We had a very windy night on our Italian cruise, both for Candles and the barbecue night, so hoping this will be better. Really do like dining al fresco.

Ski mom, I do understand the policy to make sure everyone has a chance to dine at least once in all venues, but if they are not taking advantage- for instance more people wanting to eat at Amphora, while there are lots of tables available in Stella, it just seems like they might accept walking to spread things out a little.

We've always done multiple nights both restaurants. Usually the first and last nights are full but other nights they get cancellations. Make friends with the restaurant manager and you'll likely be accomodated. Each cruise is a little different so it depends on fellow passengers too. Islands gorgeous to eat on deck at night unless the wind is howling.

ThanksSb44! Will have to keep an eye out fr the restaurant manager- can't say that we came across such a person on the last cruise, but then we weren't looking.

Restaurant manager stalker. That's me lol