Viking Overnight in Budapest

seatrial

They didn't when I took this trip in 2013, and according to the itinerary on their web site they are not doing so this year.

Day 1 , passengers arrive, dinner on board, boat stays moored in Budapest

Day 2, morning, included tour of Budapest

during this time boat departs and tour rejoins boat for lunch.

They didn't this past December (2014) either. I wish they would reconsider this. Another line did, so it can be done. The boats are docked on the same side of the river as the Parliament Building, so if you want to see it lit up you have to walk across the Chain Bridge to get a view.

I fianlly found the language that I saw earlier. This is from the itinerary under "My Trip". So maybe Viking listened and is starting to do this evening cruise before the overnight in Budapest. Here's hoping!

"This evening, enjoy a scenic cruise on your Viking ship. See Buda Castle, Fishermen’s Bastion, Matthias Church and the Citadella, as well as the beautiful and iconic Parliament, Margaret Island perched in the middle of the river, and the many bridges connecting the Buda and Pest sides of the Danube. Your ship remains docked overnight.

Included Meals: Dinner"

I fianlly found the language that I saw earlier. This is from the itinerary under "My Trip". So maybe Viking listened and is starting to do this evening cruise before the overnight in Budapest. Here's hoping!

"This evening, enjoy a scenic cruise on your Viking ship. See Buda Castle, Fishermen’s Bastion, Matthias Church and the Citadella, as well as the beautiful and iconic Parliament, Margaret Island perched in the middle of the river, and the many bridges connecting the Buda and Pest sides of the Danube. Your ship remains docked overnight.

Included Meals: Dinner"

Vantage does this too.....it's a repositioning cruise because the ship docks in one location to on and off load passengers and luggage and then after dinner moves to it's over-night spot. It's a wonderful cruise and Vantage times it so you're on the river when the lights come on. Budapest at night is truly one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Make sure you're on deck with camera ready....it's spectacular!!!

• 1 month later...

It looks like the Viking ships doing the Romantic Danube may be doing the evening Danube cruise. Take a look at the path of the Viking Njord from this evening. ImageUploadedByForums1432435729.770901.jpg.a8a1120be84a7baa699787cfd20a2ecf.jpg

Edited by seatrial

We begin our trip on the 31st and the documents have a detailed itinerary and that says YES day of boarding is a scenic cruise, with the next day still in Budapest for the 'included tour'

We're on the 'romantic Danube' 8 day, Budapest to Nur' (and commin' home on the QM2)