France - we are by your side

Able Seaman H

To the French passengers we have met on our travels, to those living in France, to the French staff who have looked after us and to the France we have visited, we stand by your side.

Travel is glorious, we see landscapes, buildings and nature. We smell, we taste we marvel. But most importantly we meet people.

I have travelled the world and met people from all 4 corners. Every colour shape, size and creed. For all our differences to a man I have found we all want the same in life. Food on the table, family and health. Anyone chasing anything else has no place on this earth.

Henry.

To the French passengers we have met on our travels, to those living in France, to the French staff who have looked after us and to the France we have visited, we stand by your side.

Travel is glorious, we see landscapes, buildings and nature. We smell, we taste we marvel. But most importantly we meet people.

I have travelled the world and met people from all 4 corners. Every colour shape, size and creed. For all our differences to a man I have found we all want the same in life. Food on the table, family and health. Anyone chasing anything else has no place on this earth.

Henry.

+1

My husband and I were in Paris September last year, his first time and I hadn't visited in over 30 years. We loved the people and the place and look forward to revisiting France next year.

Julie

Edited by frantic36

Henry.

+2; Elegant!

Thank you for starting this thread, Henry. I've had the good fortune to have lived in Paris twice and know the city better than my home in Oakland. Most of the sites of the violence are well-known to me. My heart is completely broken. I hope the French and the rest of the world can find a way to peacefully recover. En solidarite.

Having gone to school in Paris and returned many, many times since my heart too is broken. I shot off a multitude of emails to friends and people I know there with condolences and the overwhelming response I received was that we will not let them change the way we live our lives. We will continue to enjoy the most beautiful city in the world. AMEN!!!!

Having gone to school in Paris and returned many, many times since my heart too is broken. I shot off a multitude of emails to friends and people I know there with condolences and the overwhelming response I received was that we will not let them change the way we live our lives. We will continue to enjoy the most beautiful city in the world. AMEN!!!!

As students we went to France nearly every summer. We loved Paris , just wandering around and eating the wonderful French food in all the little sidewalk cafes.And the view from the top of the Eiffel Tower was breathtaking. I now feel so sad to hear of what has happened in that beautiful city . My thoughts and prayers are with all those fighting for their lives and for the families who have lost loved ones