Beverage Packages on Costa

TAD2005

We are considering the 26 day Savona TA to FLL on Dec 2 on the Deliziosa.We are familiar with HAL's Signature beverage packages, and for our usual consumption, it is usually a good deal. What are the different packages available on the Deliziosa and what do they include. How may drinks per day, do they actually count (HAL didn't), limitations on wines, call brands, and available beers. Does anyone have a bar menu link for the Deliziosa or similar ship in the Costa fleet ?

Appreciate any help.

We are considering the 26 day Savona TA to FLL on Dec 2 on the Deliziosa.We are familiar with HAL's Signature beverage packages, and for our usual consumption, it is usually a good deal. What are the different packages available on the Deliziosa and what do they include. How may drinks per day, do they actually count (HAL didn't), limitations on wines, call brands, and available beers. Does anyone have a bar menu link for the Deliziosa or similar ship in the Costa fleet ?

Appreciate any help.

Check here:

http://www.costacruise.com/usa/all-inclusive-cruise.html

I always get the "Piu Gusto" both people in the cabin must get the package.

No limit on drinks. Most ships are the same for selection.

We were just on the Deliziosa in January and are doing TA again on her Venice to FLL 27 November

No limit on the amount of drinks on Piu gusto. There are some cocktails excluded and premium brand spirits are not included. You'll find that the spirits included are actually adequate. Exp Gordons gin, not Hendricks etc.

We are on the Deliziosa as well departing Venice on Nov 27th for 24 nights into Fort Lauderdale. The only All Inclusive drink package that I'm showing available on their website for us is:

"Brindiamo

It includes a selection of unlimited alcoholic and soft drinks by the glass to be enjoyed at any time of the day in the restaurant and buffet (lunch and dinner) or at the bars."

Is this worth purchasing? We are really only interested in a couple of cups of good coffee in the AM, perhaps iced tea with lunch, and a couple of regular drinks in the evening either pre- or post dinner.

Thanks,

tnt

Edited by tnt10

We are on the Deliziosa as well departing Venice on Nov 27th for 24 nights into Fort Lauderdale. The only All Inclusive drink package that I'm showing available on their website for us is:

"Brindiamo

It includes a selection of unlimited alcoholic and soft drinks by the glass to be enjoyed at any time of the day in the restaurant and buffet (lunch and dinner) or at the bars."

Is this worth purchasing? We are really only interested in a couple of cups of good coffee in the AM, perhaps iced tea with lunch, and a couple of regular drinks in the evening either pre- or post dinner.

Thanks,

tnt

The Brindiamo is about €24.99, it does not include alcoholic and non-alcoholic cocktails. The package that includes cocktails (34 of them) is the Piu Gusto for €27.99.

So for €3 a day you can enjoy a good cocktail, you will have at least 6 long sea days on the TA portion.

Just work out the economics:

2 Beers €10.00

4 Coffees €14.00

2 water €5.00

Total €29.00

Getting the AI package puts much more enjoyment in the trip, so bad surprises at the end where you are made bankrupt by the onboard account.

Change the old say "If the shoe fits but it in every colour" to "If the the cocktail tastes good, try it in every colour".

Have a great cruise.

Edited by G.M.T.

Thanks for the info G.M.T.

It appears that the only AI package showing available for me is the one I quoted above, Brindiamo. Not sure how I could get the one you are referring to.....

Also, I don't quite understand the differences: if the Brindiamo "It includes a selection of unlimited alcoholic and soft drinks by the glass to be enjoyed at any time of the day in the restaurant and buffet (lunch and dinner) or at the bars." Doesn't this include a mixed drink? What's the difference between a mixed drink and a cocktail??

We are from the US, so water is included....

Thanks,

tnt

Thanks for the info G.M.T.

It appears that the only AI package showing available for me is the one I quoted above, Brindiamo. Not sure how I could get the one you are referring to.....

Also, I don't quite understand the differences: if the Brindiamo "It includes a selection of unlimited alcoholic and soft drinks by the glass to be enjoyed at any time of the day in the restaurant and buffet (lunch and dinner) or at the bars." Doesn't this include a mixed drink? What's the difference between a mixed drink and a cocktail??

We are from the US, so water is included....

Thanks,

tnt

Think of most of Costa's cocktails being umbrella drinks...

You can also have mixed drinks made from the choices of liquors in the package.

I'm also from the US and the "Water USA" package only works by the glass at lunch and dinner while seated.

http://www.costacruise.com/usa/all-inclusive-cruise.html

http://www.costacruise.com/contents/lp_all-inclusive/USA/All_Inclusive_piu_gusto.pdf

From the Costa German website because it would not work for me on the US website

http://www.costakreuzfahrten.at/B2C/Documents/All_Inclusive_Brindiamo_DE.pdf

I guess we will be fine with alcoholic "drinks" as opposed to "cocktails." Never cared for any of the umbrella drinks myself.

Again, the package that I mentioned above is the only one on the Costa website that shows available for me to purchase for my cruise. Not sure why that is....

tnt

I don't use alcohol so I'm not sure, but it looked to me like the only difference between Brindiamo and Piu Gusto was more choice of wine. The non-alcohol offerings were the same.

Just off Deliziosa, soft drinks 2.99, 1L water 3.99, cappuchino 2.99, virgin cocktails 6.45, can't remember .5L water. 15% service added to everything. Tea & coffee available 24 hrs on buffet but don't know if that will continue in Europe. With waterusa, none of the packages worked out as good value for me.