TUI Explorer

It looks like the new name for Mein Schiff 1 when it comes over to Thomson/TUI will be TUI Explorer

When I went to book some cruise excursions today, TUI EXPLORER was in the drop down list of ships

is that the old Celebrity Galaxy? Meant to be a lovely ship. My parents did Alaska on her about 16 years ago.

Let's hope it will be 'exploring' other seas like the Indian Ocean or the Southern Atlantic or even the Coral Sea - but I won't hold my breath If Fred Olsen can fill their ships on these kind of voyages I don't see why Thomson can't.

They do one season in the Middle East and pull out and guess who's shot in to replace them - P &O

And why can't they do something about the boring Canary Island itineries- same old, same old What's wrong with including Cape Verde, Dakar and Banjul to liven them up?

Thomson Spirit Oct 2005 Repo Palma to Sharm el Sheikh

Thomson Celebration Jan 2007 Red Sea Magic

Ocean Village Feb 2008 West Caribbean & Central America BtoB

Ocean Village Aug 2008 Eastern Med

Ocean Village 2 Feb 2009 Eastern Caribbean BtoB

Ocean Village Mar 2010 Eastern Caribbean BtoB

Thomson Dream Feb 2011 Eastern Caribbean & Cuba BtoB

Thomson Celebration Aug 2011 Eastern Med

Thomson Celebration Apr 2012 Red Sea Magic

Thomson Celebration Apr/May 2012 Repo Sharm el Sheikh to Marmaris

Thomson Dream Feb 2013 Eastern Caribbean BtoB

Thomson Majesty Nov/Dec 2014 Colourful Coasts Canaries

Thomson Dream Jan/Feb 2015 West Caribbean Panama & Cuba BtoB

Thomson Dream Apr 2015 Transatlantic Sunset

Thomson Majesty June 2015 Hellenic Classics

Thomson Celebration Sept 2015 Adriatic Affair

Thomson Dream Jan 2016 Mayan Treasures/Cuban Revolution

Thomson Dream April 2016 Atlantic Adventure

Thomson Dream June 2016 Iconic Islands/Adriatic Explorer

Thomson Celebration Jan 2017 Cities of Gold

Thomson Dream April2017 Atlantic Daydream

Thomson Majesty Sept2017 Med Medley/Treasures of Med

When I went to book some cruise excursions today, TUI EXPLORER was in the drop down list of ships

Can't find Tui Explorer anywhere on the itineries section at all how did you see it?

i saw the explorer yesterda for summer 2018 doing the same 4 itineraries as the discovery is this summer

is that the old Celebrity Galaxy? Meant to be a lovely ship. My parents did Alaska on her about 16 years ago.

Yes, with a 50 million euro refurbishment for the German market. I imagine there will be further work done before she moves to UK TUI.

edit -this site has the deckplans with English translations, it looks impressive

http://www.cruisemapper.com/deckplans/Mein-Schiff-1-743

Edited by davecttr

Is it me? I haven't been able to get into Thomson Cruise website yesterday or today. This is what I get!

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Apache Server at http://www.thomson.co.uk Port 30469

CruisinLinda I've been on the website a few times today no problem and have just been on again after reading your post. Try turning off your appliance and restart then try again hope this works
Strange! I can't get in on my laptop, but can on my phone and desktop, but can't see Tui Explorer in the drop down menu.

Strange! I can't get in on my laptop, but can on my phone and desktop, but can't see Tui Explorer in the drop down menu.

I can't get in on my Chrome book but can on my ipad! I think there must have been some upgrade recently either to Chrome or to the Thomson website as I used to be able to get in on the Chrome book.

I can't get in on my Chrome book but can on my ipad! I think there must have been some upgrade recently either to Chrome or to the Thomson website as I used to be able to get in on the Chrome book.

Ah not just me then ;) I can get it on my tablet, desktop and phone but not on the laptop :o

Edit - Ah solved it! Thanks elmsliebev! It opens on Internet explorer on laptop. Desktop is Firefox, but still got sure why it opens on tablet and phone as they are also Chrome.

Edited by CRUISIN LINDA

Let's hope it will be 'exploring' other seas like the Indian Ocean or the Southern Atlantic or even the Coral Sea - but I won't hold my breath If Fred Olsen can fill their ships on these kind of voyages I don't see why Thomson can't.

They do one season in the Middle East and pull out and guess who's shot in to replace them - P &O

And why can't they do something about the boring Canary Island itineries- same old, same old What's wrong with including Cape Verde, Dakar and Banjul to liven them up?

Thomson Spirit Oct 2005 Repo Palma to Sharm el Sheikh

Thomson Celebration Jan 2007 Red Sea Magic

Ocean Village Feb 2008 West Caribbean & Central America BtoB

Ocean Village Aug 2008 Eastern Med

Ocean Village 2 Feb 2009 Eastern Caribbean BtoB

Ocean Village Mar 2010 Eastern Caribbean BtoB

Thomson Dream Feb 2011 Eastern Caribbean & Cuba BtoB

Thomson Celebration Aug 2011 Eastern Med

Thomson Celebration Apr 2012 Red Sea Magic

Thomson Celebration Apr/May 2012 Repo Sharm el Sheikh to Marmaris

Thomson Dream Feb 2013 Eastern Caribbean BtoB

Thomson Majesty Nov/Dec 2014 Colourful Coasts Canaries

Thomson Dream Jan/Feb 2015 West Caribbean Panama & Cuba BtoB

Thomson Dream Apr 2015 Transatlantic Sunset

Thomson Majesty June 2015 Hellenic Classics

Thomson Celebration Sept 2015 Adriatic Affair

Thomson Dream Jan 2016 Mayan Treasures/Cuban Revolution

Thomson Dream April 2016 Atlantic Adventure

Thomson Dream June 2016 Iconic Islands/Adriatic Explorer

Thomson Celebration Jan 2017 Cities of Gold

Thomson Dream April2017 Atlantic Daydream

Thomson Majesty Sept2017 Med Medley/Treasures of Med

Couldn't agree more. " New " ships, same old itineraries. We have done the Western Med. and the Eastern Med, over and over again.......... and as for the Canaries, it's about the only option we have from Scotland in the winter apart from very few Caribbean itineraries.

With three ships in the Caribbean next winter you would think people north of the border would have more choice. But no very limited again and with big supplements as usual.