Voyages to Antiquity Dining Room Dress Code

gnome12

From the Essential Travel Guide:

Evening

Smart casual, but far from stuffy or formal, Aegean Odyssey offers guests a

choice of activities in the evenings. There will be evening “discussions” about the day’s events, perhaps during cocktail hour, designed to bring our guests

together in the country-club like environment. Resort wear – which typically consists of coordinated sets for the ladies and perhaps a polo shirt, slacks and at times, a jacket, for the men – is highly recommended. Plan to dress and pack as you would for any sophisticated city where you would be going out for a festive evening. No shorts please at dinner in the Marco Polo Restaurant.

Do people really dress for a "festive evening"? What if you have been out all day? I have no problem with no shorts in the restaurant, but I'm not big on coordinated sets at any time. What is the real dress code?

Shorts and tee shirts for certain are not allowed. On embarkation day we were arriving from seeing the taj mahal and were wearing t shirts as our arrival was at 6:00 and luggage had not come . Desk staff said we should eat upstairs. Husband will not travel with a sport coat and polo shirts are quite nice. He did take a tie. Never saw any souvenir t shirts with writing on them. That is about it for the dress code. I wore dress pants 5 inches above ankle. A couple we were with, she wore the same dress every night for 3 weeks.

Thanks. I don't wear real T-shirts. I have lots of tops some of which look better than others. I love colour and pattern and I couldn't imagine wearing the same thing for 3 weeks, but I have somewhat nicer pants that will do. (I also don't expect to eat in the dining room that often; the Terrace Grill seems more my style.)

People tend to dress nicely but casual. Many get more dressed up for the Captain's welcome aboard do.

I like to eat outside at the Terrace Cafe when the weather is nice but sometimes will eat in the Marco Polo restaurant for a change of pace or if it's cold or too windy. (Not too fond of eating inside in the Terrace Cafe for dinner, though I like it well enough at lunch or breakfast.)

I usually wear black plants or dressy capris plus a nice looking blouse or top most nights.

Edited by cruisemom42