Island Princess - C417

esmo

Does anyone have any information on this cabin? I am assuming it is covered, as on the other Princess ships we have been on the Caribe deck balconies are at least partially covered. We are going to Alaska (Northbound) the end of August and I feel a covered balcony is a plus, perhaps for us a necessity. I know it is Club Class - which doesn't really matter to me, I don't see the benefits as all that great (but who knows, I may change my mind).

Anyway, if anyone has any info, I would appreciate it.

Esmo

Does anyone have any information on this cabin? I am assuming it is covered, as on the other Princess ships we have been on the Caribe deck balconies are at least partially covered. We are going to Alaska (Northbound) the end of August and I feel a covered balcony is a plus, perhaps for us a necessity. I know it is Club Class - which doesn't really matter to me, I don't see the benefits as all that great (but who knows, I may change my mind).

Anyway, if anyone has any info, I would appreciate it.

Esmo

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/Princess/odell/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

We had the same cabin on the other side and one deck up and LOVED it, but there are some beawares..

1> The balcony is a little smaller than most (2 people max), but the bumpout gives an amazing field of view especially for things like glacier bay!. Also, you are quite visible to other cabins along the line.

2> You do pick up a bit of wind while underway, this could be a bit chilly in Alaska (we had it for Panama Canal and it was WONDERFUL)

3> AVOID opening the cabin and balcony door at the same time when underway for that reason.. Wind tunnel effect. Its actually kind of cool. Unless your wife is doing her hair.

If C504 is available I might consider it as an alternative to cut down on the wind factor but I would happily stay in the 416 corner again as well.