Solo cruisers

travelberlin

Dear Azamara, it would be great if you could offer some more cruises in which people traveling solo would get the solo discount. Some of us would love to book more cruises with you but unfortunately without the solo discount it is quite difficult...we know you offer some but the itineraries with solo discount for 2017 and 2018 are only a few and very similar. Not many options there...

I agree travelberlin. I too wish Azamara had more choices with the solo discount.

Start any topic suggesting lower prices and nobody is going to disagree... :)

As a solo traveler myself I do think Azamara deserves praise for how much it is already doing for solo travelers; far more than most other cruise lines. I have taken advantage of the 125% rate many times, also on top suites. Although it's typically not available very far out, more sailings are constantly being added and in almost every case before final payment. More 125% cruises for 2017 and 2018 will undoubtedly follow as time goes by and if not, well, then apparently sailings are selling well and getting booked up for 200% by couples. Azamara would be crazy not to take that first.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

florisdekort posted

As a solo traveler myself I do think Azamara deserves praise for how much it is already doing for solo travelers; far more than most other cruise lines. , More 125% cruises for 2017 and 2018 will undoubtedly follow as time goes by and if not, well, then apparently sailings are selling well and getting booked up for 200% by couples. Azamara would be crazy not to take that first.

========

I agree with you that Azamara deserves praise for what it does for solo travellers. I have noticed that some are added closer to the sailing date but everyone can't book that close and sometimes air can be hard to get. There are more and more solos wanting to travel and some companies like river cruise lines are responding to that. While I prefer Azamara and will be sailing soon I will also be looking elsewhere. It's not mainly about saving money but about value, what I am prepared to pay for a particular trip compared to other options.

As a solo traveler myself I do think Azamara deserves praise for how much it is already doing for solo travelers;

I appreciate the occasional discounted cruise, but even more, I appreciate the way Azamara and Azamara passengers make solo travelers comfortable. I was hesitant to do a cruise by myself, but there was never a moment onboard when I felt awkward or out of place. Besides the solo's dinner with the Cruise Director the first night, shared and solo's tables in the MDR every night, there's just an overall Azamara warmth and friendliness that make it a great environment for those of us who travel on our own. I'm hooked.

Melissa

We spent time with two lovely ladies in June both travelling solo and have just cruised with them again. They are now firm friends.

Hoping to cruise with them again in 2017 but without the 125% offer the cost of a single cabin is somewhat unrealistic.

Will be watching itineraries keenly in the hope that Azamara adds more single offers to the list.

========

I agree with you that Azamara deserves praise for what it does for solo travellers. I have noticed that some are added closer to the sailing date but everyone can't book that close and sometimes air can be hard to get. There are more and more solos wanting to travel and some companies like river cruise lines are responding to that. While I prefer Azamara and will be sailing soon I will also be looking elsewhere. It's not mainly about saving money but about value, what I am prepared to pay for a particular trip compared to other options.

Yes Helby... I totally agree

Edited by travelberlin