QV refit featured in The Cunarder

Dowunder

The April edition of The Cunarder features the QV refit. All looks very smart, new alfresco dining area, tea and coffee making facilities and flat screen TVs in all cabins. Changes may annoy traditionialists but look great to newcomers.

If you are not Cunard World Club Diamond members or who do not receive post from Cunard, you can download a copy of Cunarder April 2017 1st Issue this year here which shows the possible changes to QV next moth during refit.

https://ask.cunard.com/help/returning-home/cunarderaug12

The Chart room is going to be The Cafe Corinthia revamped

and Hemispheres is going to be called The Yacht Club.

The Q1 layout on page 4 looks fabulous & much improved. The bed moved round to look out to sea is an excellent idea - my wife will be very happy with that.

I like the "snug" concept but have always thought it would be best to have the dining table in a position to be able to look out over the balcony to the sea. Better start saving the pennies to give it a try!

I'm only Gold but have also received (and do regularly) a copy of the Cunarder, with the proposed changes to Queen Victoria shown. The Chart Room space is being converted to Britannia Club, thus making her more akin to Queen Elizabeth. Cafe Carinthia is disappearing, with the Chart Room moving to that space. I'm going on the already 'remastered' Queen Mary 2 next month, where I understand Cafe Carinthia has made an appearance where the Winter Garden used to be.

• 2 weeks later...

Having only found out after the final payment that we have been moved from the Q5 we booked I am pretty non plussed. They say that the cabin is not for commercial sale and will be being refitted during the voyage. The cynic in me notes that it has changed to a Q4. 1 phone call and 2 emails about it and no reply so far.

It is the 4th June. We have been told not for commercial sale and when pushed that the cabin would not be occupied on this cruise. Seems unlikely (and they seem to be backtracking on this). We only booked because this cabin was available and booked by location not price so being a Q4 would not have been an issue.

It's right after the refit so it sounds as if they think it won't be finished in time.

I would rather be moved than risk something half done.

Hope it doesn't spoil your trip, please let us know how she looks.

Yes, the aft q5 cabins are all being refitted to q4 penthouses, so i suspect they moved you to what you paid for. However, they should offer you either the option to pay for an upgrade to q4 or a refund so you can rebook. When is your cruise?

The only Q5s which are being rejigged toQ4s are those on deck eight. The other four will remain Q5s.

That was my 1st thought - that it wouldn't be finished on time.Apparently they moved us in November but didn't tell us until after the final payment had been made (and then only through noticing a room change on the invoice and me contacting them) and didn't offer any other options.

They still haven't had the courtesy to actually get in touch with me despite calls and emails.

The only Q5s which are being rejigged toQ4s are those on deck eight. The other four will remain Q5s.

Yes, thats why I said the aft q5 cabins. They are the refitted ones. I have one booked for the end of summer.

Edited by Tillylovesseabourn
edit

That was my 1st thought - that it wouldn't be finished on time.Apparently they moved us in November but didn't tell us until after the final payment had been made (and then only through noticing a room change on the invoice and me contacting them) and didn't offer any other options.

They still haven't had the courtesy to actually get in touch with me despite calls and emails.

That is not good, I would certainly be taking that one further, especially if you booked specifically for location.

Yes, thats why I said the aft q5 cabins. They are the refitted ones. I have one booked for the end of summer.

When you said 'all', thought you meant all of them and not just deck eight. My apologies.

So.

8174 has been removed from sale following customer complaints about the noise with pipes. It will not be sold. The refit is not addressing the pipes issue. It was removed from sale in November 2016.

Is is the only cabin affected?

No. Just that there had been a large number of complaints about the noise from pipes and that the cabin was no longer on commercial sale. They said that the ship had confirmed this as well as the sales/inventory team.

No. Just that there had been a large number of complaints about the noise from pipes and that the cabin was no longer on commercial sale. They said that the ship had confirmed this as well as the sales/inventory team.

Mmm, that's interesting, I will report back when i board later this year as I am in a cabin close to that. Seems strange to just be one cabin though, you would think the ones nearby would all have similar noise issues?

Having now seen pictures of the brand new section being bolted on, i do believe somebody is telling you porkie pies! That section including the new Q4 afts didnt exist before the last couple of days, so how can they not be using it due to complaints about the pipes? Plus, you wouldnt spend millions manufacturing something to bolt on the aft that was not fit for purpose. You have a suite which cost x £££££'s you wouldnt have that space and not utilise it. I just don't believe them.