cash for the ferry

cruise8218

Last year, when we were in Bermuda, we stood in the very long lines at the visitor's center to get our tokens for the ferry ride to Hamilton.

I keep reading that they take cash ..... but it has to be in coins. Is that true? We would have to bring 20 quarters or 5 dollar coins with us? (It would be so much easier to use a $5 bill)

I'm just thinking at I'd rather bring the cash (coin) with me, rather than tackle that token line.......

Anyone use cash for the Hamilton ferry?

Thanks for your advice!

Last year, several returnees from Bermuda posted that they were able to use a $5 bill on the ferry. The ferry schedule only states Cash Fare $5 unlike the bus schedule which specifies "Fare $5, exact change only, no dollar bills".

There are 3 Visitor Information Centers at the Dockyard where tokens can be purchased. Pay the fare with a $5 bill, and then post back here the result when you return.

SBtS

Last year, several returnees from Bermuda posted that they were able to use a $5 bill on the ferry. The ferry schedule only states Cash Fare $5 unlike the bus schedule which specifies "Fare $5, exact change only, no dollar bills".

There are 3 Visitor Information Centers at the Dockyard where tokens can be purchased. Pay the fare with a $5 bill, and then post back here the result when you return.

SBtS

Thank you for helping me with this. I had no idea that there were THREE places in the Dockyard to get tokens. I just used the main one in the 'middle'. I will look for the others .... hopefully smaller lines.

Thank you for helping me with this. I had no idea that there were THREE places in the Dockyard to get tokens. I just used the main one in the 'middle'. I will look for the others .... hopefully smaller lines.

The other two are at Kings Wharf and Heritage Wharf. The Heritage Wharf location is inside that pier's customs building and isn't easily accessible to anyone other than those disembarking the ship docked there. The Kings Wharf location is on the outside of that pier's building. Lines can be long at any of them particularly on a ship's first day in port.

The other two are at Kings Wharf and Heritage Wharf. The Heritage Wharf location is inside that pier's customs building and isn't easily accessible to anyone other than those disembarking the ship docked there. The Kings Wharf location is on the outside of that pier's building. Lines can be long at any of them particularly on a ship's first day in port.

Ok ... well, I guess this means that lines are inevitable. It would be so much easier to just use cash for the ferry. I sent an email to the appropriate folks in Bermuda and received a prompt answer. While cash is acceptable, they prefer tokens or tickets. So I don't want to be "that person" and bend the rules. I will plan on getting tokens.

Thank you for your help. :)