Bermuda bus attire?

Mississippi1

Hello fellow Bermuda travelers! I understand Bermuda is not quite as casual as the Caribbean. We are planning a beach day at Horseshoe Bay, and plan to utilize local buses for transportation. Will it be okay to wear swimsuit and coverup on the bus, or will we need to wear shorts/shirts and then change at the beach?

A swimsuit with coverup is OK. Make sure for your return trip that you're dry. You might want to consider paying slightly more for one of the each mini bus shuttles rather than taking the public bus. You'll get to the beach much faster and the mini bus drops you right at the beach. Using the public bus means walking down (and even worse walking up when returning) the steep hill from the bus stop on South Road.

Where does the local buses let you off? Also, how can we get a mini-bus. We were planning to change at the beach, but maybe the mini bus would be better if it drops you off right at the beach.

When you get off the ship there is a taxi stand and a parking area for the minibuses. They will be easy to find.

The bus stop is at the top of a somewhat steep hill down to the beach.

My personal preference the last few years is the minibus when going to Horseshoe because they eliminated the Special public buses and also with the minibus I get a seat. No guarantee on the public bus. Sometimes had to stand. Plus not much wait to take the minibus. With the public bus might have to wait 20 minutes and the bus might be full, have to wait for the next one.

Edited by Charles4515