Wait-Listed for Early Dining

Captiveguru

First time I have booked this late... Wait-listed for early (6:30 PM), dining on QM2 sailing on 5/24. My TA says I am 191 on the wait-list.

Does anyone have any experience they would like to share? I am traveling solo so I am thinking my odds are improved by selecting a table of 8.

Any advice?

Hi, I have been wait-listed for first dining twice before. All I did was on embarkation day at the time they allow, usually around 2-4pm, I went to the dining room and spoke to the maitre'd. Once I got switched then and there and the new table assignment card was in my room within an hour and the other time I had to wait until the next day for the switch to occur (ate in the Kings Court that first night). It was pretty easy and less stressful once I found that out. Hope this helps.

First time I have booked this late... Wait-listed for early (6:30 PM), dining on QM2 sailing on 5/24. My TA says I am 191 on the wait-list.

Does anyone have any experience they would like to share? I am traveling solo so I am thinking my odds are improved by selecting a table of 8.

Any advice?

Hi Captiveguru. As silly as it might sound, whomever it is who arranges table seatings does some kind of magic - at least that has been my opinion after 13 cruises. Not foolproof, of course. So if you find on the first night that your dining arrangements are not to your liking, please speak to the maître d after your first dinner (that's when arrangements settle down a bit.)

Many recommend you request a different table if you don't like what is shown on the dining schematic in you cabin upon embarkation. But that card won't give you any idea of whom you are seated with - you can only find that out by showing up for dinner.

Regards,

Salacia

Actually if you are solo and don't care how many people you sit with I'd think you'd have a very good chance of clearing the wait list if you speak to the maitre d' on the ship - just emphasize your flexibility and hopefully there will be room somewhere.

Captiveguru, if it is any consolation, we are on the same voyage and have also been waitlisted for first sitting in the Britannia Restaurant for the the past month.

It is not as if the voyage is sold out because M719A is currently being sold at a cheaper price than what I paid.

Also, I suggest you check the time of early dining as it may have changed from 6.30pm to 6pm.

P.S. - As a solo traveller, Cunard may be waiting to establish how many solo travellers there are for early sitting so they may seat you altogether.

Hi Captiveguru. So if you find on the first night that your dining arrangements are not to your liking, please speak to the maître d after your first dinner (that's when arrangements settle down a bit.) Regards, Salacia

Ditto...Salacia,

We have found on many cruises and other lines that on the first and second days, the Dining Rooms play a game of Tic Tac Toe or Table Solitaire. Switching and placing passengers at different tables and everything settles down and everyone is happy.

Booking early does have it's advantages but maître d's also use their magic wands and talents to make almost everyone happy.

Bon Vonage....Bon Appetit

Any advice?

In most cases you'll get partnered with a table during early seating. You should see the table listing in your room when you check in. In the event you are still relegated to late seating, immediately go to see the Maître D. He/she should be able to accommodate your wishes. Do know that it might NOT be the first day. If it is taken care of to your liking, a small cash gratuity to the Maître D would be my suggestion(it's what we do, when helped)