Celebrity Solstice - Alaska - Wifi

Monster2028

We are going on the Celebrity Solstice in June from Seattle to Alaska. Can anyone share their experience with the wifi aboard the ship, days at sea, and in ports. We have apple devices and need to log into a VPN via a laptop computer. How often did you have access to your phones and internet? We have AT&T USA service.

In Alaskan ports and waters, we usually didn't have trouble connecting with AT&T. The ship's internet is slower than you are used to and can be frustrating at times. We tried to pick up the AT&T signal first before connecting to the ship's WiFi.

Have fun! She is a beautiful ship. Be sure to check out the Hot Glass show (free).

In Alaskan ports and waters, we usually didn't have trouble connecting with AT&T. The ship's internet is slower than you are used to and can be frustrating at times. We tried to pick up the AT&T signal first before connecting to the ship's WiFi.

Have fun! She is a beautiful ship. Be sure to check out the Hot Glass show (free).

Thank you for the reply. Were you on the new Xcelerate network? When did you cruise on Celebrity Solstice to Alaska?

If you have signatures turned off, you won't see it but we cruised with X to Alaska almost two years ago, now (May 2015). Phenomenal weather, great service, outstanding food.

I think 2 years ago they don't have Xcelerate yet. I was just on Silhouette and the internet was pretty good even better than some land hotel's internet. My son was streaming youtube in HD all 7 days. This was at the Caribbean though, but I think they use satellites so it will probably be the same in Alaska too.