Celebrity Passage -cruise certificate Question

jsteinberg

You will be able to purchase a Celebrity Passage certificate. See the Cruise Sales Manager or outside his or her office there are usually blank forms for these certificates. Fill one out, submit it and the Sales Manager will contact you.

Enjoy your 2 day trip on Century.

• 2 weeks later...
I am interested in buying one, are they sold on ALL celebrity ships? Going on the century for a quick 2 day bahamas trip, and I want to buy one for a future solstice class cruise...thanks for any info

I see that you have posted on the January 15, 2011 2-day cruise members message board.

We are putting together a meet and greet after the muster drill at the Sunset Bar on the Resort Deck. I'm making name tags for everyone and there will also be blank tags and markers available.

If you'd like to join in for the meet and greet we can have pre-printed name tags for your group if you stop by the members message board and post your names.

Looking forward to meeting you.:)

Linda

I am interested in buying one, are they sold on ALL celebrity ships? Going on the century for a quick 2 day bahamas trip, and I want to buy one for a future solstice class cruise...thanks for any info

I missed this pls explain what & $ a Passages Certificate is.

Thanks

Carole

for about 100.00, or so, you can reserve any celebrity/ rccl sailing within three years. you may get up to 300.00 on board credit by open booking on your cruise. you do not have to select a ship or sailing date, certificate is good for 3 years. great deal.............:)

A few years ago, we did a two night on Navigator of the Seas and when I inquired about the certificate, I was told they were not available on that cruise as it was so short. going on this one as well and hoping this time, they have someone there for the certificates.

I missed this pls explain what & $ a Passages Certificate is.

Thanks

Carole

Celebrity Passage is when you pay a $100 deposit towards a future cruise while onboard a RC or Celebrity cruise. You don't need to specify or actually book a specific cruise but you can if you know which you would like to book and you only have to pay a $100 deposit each.

If you don't specify an actual cruise, you are provided with an account number which you use when you decide to book a future cruise and the $100 becomes the deposit amount per person amount for that cruise.

Either way you do this you then get OBC (per cabin) of $50 for a 3-5 night, $100 for 6-9 night, $200 for a 10-13 night and $300 for 14 night cruise.

for about 100.00, or so, you can reserve any celebrity/ rccl sailing within three years. you may get up to 300.00 on board credit by open booking on your cruise. you do not have to select a ship or sailing date, certificate is good for 3 years. great deal.............:)

Actually Celebrity Passage and RC Future Cruise certificates doesn't ever expire but are non refundable.

Princess Future Cruise Sales certificates do expire in five years but they are refundable.

Edited by robtulipe

If you already know which future solstice class cruise you want, it could be advantageous to go ahead and book it while you are on the Century instead of buying the Passages certificate.

That way you still get the obc and the reduced deposit, but in addition you would qualify for a cabin upgrade and the deposit would be fully refundable should you decide to cancel before final payment date.

Celebrity Passage is when you pay a $100 deposit towards a future cruise while onboard a RC or Celebrity cruise. You don't need to specify or actually book a specific cruise but you can if you know which you would like to book and you only have to pay a $100 deposit each.

If you don't specify an actual cruise, you are provided with an account number which you use when you decide to book a future cruise and the $100 becomes the deposit amount per person amount for that cruise.

Either way you do this you then get OBC (per cabin) of $50 for a 3-5 night, $100 for 6-9 night, $200 for a 10-13 night and $300 for 14 night cruise.

Does Celebrity ever send these out as incentive to book as a "Captains Club" incentive? The reason that I am asking is that HAL has done this after we have returned from a cruise as a Mariners Incentive. The OBC was the same as if we had booked while on-board.

Does Celebrity ever send these out as incentive to book as a "Captains Club" incentive? The reason that I am asking is that HAL has done this after we have returned from a cruise as a Mariners Incentive. The OBC was the same as if we had booked while on-board.

We've never had such a promotion sent to us by X.

The only promotion we have been sent by X after a cruise is a dollars off coupon if you book an another cruise by a certain date.

Eg. Last week we received in the mail week a letter thanking us for sailing on Summit last month which including a $50 savings per cabin coupon for each of us if we booked another X cruise by 3/22/2011. There were two coupons but only one could be used per cabin.

That was a good point by fleckle. When doing an actual booking onboard you get a two category upgrade within the same class of cabins so if you wanted a BB balcony you were charged for a BD. You couldn't request a lower category minisuite and pay for a balcony.

Edited by robtulipe

Actually Celebrity Passage and RC Future Cruise certificates doesn't ever expire but are non refundable.

Princess Future Cruise Sales certificates do expire in five years but they are refundable.

Thanks for the info. I doubt it but does anyone know if : 1.this credit can be combined with the shareholders credit? 2. Can the booking be done by your TA?

Thanks again

Carole

Thanks for the info. I doubt it but does anyone know if : 1.this credit can be combined with the shareholders credit? 2. Can the booking be done by your TA?

Thanks again

Carole

Carole,

1) It cannot be combined with any other type of OBC (except what you may get as a gift from your TA) including Shareholder's or specials that Celebrity offers at the time of booking for a particular cruise. I specifically asked the Future Cruise Salesperson these questions.

2) Yes. Once you get your Passages Certificate, either your TA can book for you, or you can call Celebrity and then transfer to your TA within 60 days.

We did one of these on the Eclipse, and then when we got home, decided on another cruise. I called Celebrity and booked, then transferred it to my TA. Really very simple!

Tiffany

• 1 month later...

If you purchase a Celebrity Passage Certificate while onboard a Royal Caribbean cruise, the deposit is $100/pp. However, when we actually decide on a cruise and book it, is that $100 deposit good until final payment, or do you have to come up with the full deposit amount when you book the cruise?

If you purchase a Celebrity Passage Certificate while onboard a Royal Caribbean cruise, the deposit is $100/pp. However, when we actually decide on a cruise and book it, is that $100 deposit good until final payment, or do you have to come up with the full deposit amount when you book the cruise?

That is the only deposit needed. No additional funds due until final payment.

And one additional benefit to celebrity passages is that you can extend this benefit to 2 friends or family members as long as they book the same cruise within 30 days of when you make your reservation. They would have to make a full deposit, unlike the $100 you've made, but they each would receive the same OBC that you received.

That is the only deposit needed. No additional funds due until final payment.

Hmm, when I did a search on this board regarding this, the answers I received were that if you booked a specific future cruise while onboard, the $100 deposit held until final payment. But a Passage Certificate requires full deposit due when you select the cruise to use it for.

Hmm, when I did a search on this board regarding this, the answers I received were that if you booked a specific future cruise while onboard, the $100 deposit held until final payment. But a Passage Certificate requires full deposit due when you select the cruise to use it for.

In our case we purchased two Passages for our upcoming B2B, using one for the first leg and the other for the second leg. They were $100 each with a booking number. When we did the actual booking we had to pay the full deposit amount of $900($450x2) for each cruise segment. The first one is 16 nights getting us a $300 OBC and the second is a 10 night getting us a $200 OBC. So, our total was $2000 down/deposited for which we received $500 OBCs for the trip.

Interesting that some had to come up with a full deposit when they booked using a Passages certificate.

We were not charged anything more than the original $100 PP when we booked our upcoming transatlantic sailing. We only deposited a total of $200 instead of the regular $900 that would have been due without using Passages.

Interesting that some had to come up with a full deposit when they booked using a Passages certificate.

We were not charged anything more than the original $100 PP when we booked our upcoming transatlantic sailing. We only deposited a total of $200 instead of the regular $900 that would have been due without using Passages.

This is not a "Passage". It is a "Future" cruise booking while onboard. They are different. The $200 rate for deposit is all that is required in the case of your booking, I'm guessing. It is really a good deal, if you know for sure that you are going to book. Do it while onboard. Very low deposit and great OBCs......

In our case we purchased two Passages for our upcoming B2B, using one for the first leg and the other for the second leg. They were $100 each with a booking number. When we did the actual booking we had to pay the full deposit amount of $900($450x2) for each cruise segment. The first one is 16 nights getting us a $300 OBC and the second is a 10 night getting us a $200 OBC. So, our total was $2000 down/deposited for which we received $500 OBCs for the trip.

This is not a "Passage". It is a "Future" cruise booking while onboard. They are different. The $200 rate for deposit is all that is required in the case of your booking, I'm guessing. It is really a good deal, if you know for sure that you are going to book. Do it while onboard. Very low deposit and great OBCs......

I was looking at the post above. Sometimes the terminology gets confused. LOL! :D

Ours was a Passage that we purchased onboard but booked the cruise at a later date. We only deposited a total of $200 for the 13 day cruise. ($100 each)

Edited by Char

When we purchased our "Open" Passages certificate I was going to purchase it in just one name as it would only cost $100. Later when booking a cruise I would add my DH's name. The FCC explained to me that I could do that but when I added the second name to the reservation the whole deposit was required ($450pp) but we would retain the 2 Cat upgrade and the $300 OBC. We opted to purchase it in both our names from the start so we paid $200. I imagine it would be possible to book the cruise in just one name and not add the second pax until just before final pay't.

When we purchased our "Open" Passages certificate I was going to purchase it in just one name as it would only cost $100. Later when booking a cruise I would add my DH's name. The FCC explained to me that I could do that but when I added the second name to the reservation the whole deposit was required ($450pp) but we would retain the 2 Cat upgrade and the $300 OBC. We opted to purchase it in both our names from the start so we paid $200. I imagine it would be possible to book the cruise in just one name and not add the second pax until just before final pay't.

Yes, you have to be very careful as to what you're actually buying. Sometimes the FCCs are not all that clear with their explanations and one can be misled.:( Happened to us once....

We purchased our Passages Certificate on the Eclipse in both mine and my husband's name. We knew we wanted a FV again, but weren't sure of the dates yet. She said we couldn't do the deposits for all 4 or 5 of us because the kids were minors. Sounded goofy, but whatever.

Upon us arriving home, we decided on a cruise and I called Celebrity to book. I needed to only pay an additional $100pp for a total of $300. 5 people were required for a FV reservation that far out. So that's what I did. Total $500 paid in all for 5 people.

Suite deposits and Holiday sailings are more. But that is all it should be for a non-suite room. $100pp with the Passages Certificate no matter how many are on the original paperwork.