Sea Princess Cabins

Nelie

So I decided I wanted to go on a cruise next year. Although I initially had a great response from my family with lots of people saying they were interested after discussing it a bit more a few pulled out for a few different reasons. So now we are down to three. After thinking we had picked a perfect cruise it turned out the date didn't work.

So… I am currently looking at a few different cruise lines, itinerary’s, locations, dates, prices, weather, cabins. Basically Everything! I need to work up a bit of a presentation/package for my mum and aunty my travel companions with a few options so we can make a final decision.

So Sea Princess 19th Feb Northern Queensland has made the short list. However I do have a few questions about cabins.

3 in a cabin? Doable?

My mum and aunt are early 60’s of relatively good health, not fit or unfit exactly but I want to make sure they are comfortable. I’m in my 30’s and smallish so I am happy to sleep on the couch/sofa bed, rollaway bed, pull down bed whatever. I am looking at outside and balcony cabins. Photos and layouts are only really showing the bed configuration for 2. Does anyone have photos of layout pictures of what it might look like for 3. I mean I have an idea but I need something to show my family. I’ve tried searching on here and Googling it but wondering if anyone has any or know where to find some.

Also if you have any cabin number or deck recommendations would be helpful.

Thanks.

Do a dummy booking on the Princess web site for 3 people to see what is available and ask to select your own room. Site will give you rooms that are not booked and you can click on them to see what the room looks like. Note that only minisuites and above have couches. Any other room (inside, oceanview, balcony) will only have a pull-down upper berth, and usually the main beds must be configured as twins to avoid stepping on the people below.

Consider booking two cabins, maybe interiors together or an interior and balcony near each other. Lots more comfortable and you would have two bathrooms. But person sailing solo does pay as much as 200% of the fare. For this you do get two cruise credits (as if you have sailed twice).

Sea Princess is a great ship, although old-style slab sided with balconies set into the hull. We had the last cabin back on Baja deck for a transatlantic crossing and found the inset balconies are less windy than normal Princess glass sides. The window washing platform slightly restricted our views but it still was a great cruise.

I don't have a brochure have been looking at their site though trying to see if i could get the different configuration. I have been doing the fake booking to et a total break down of price but have just let it pick them room for me. Good idea to pick the room i want with the dot t see if it shows exactly what it will look like.

thanks for the help ill try that

I went back and tried to pick my own room and see no dots. I have seen things like that with other cruiselines but not for this.Its still letting pick 3 people so.....

The couch/pull out may have been with another cruiseline. After a few days of ups and downs with my cruise options im getting a bit confused.

Thanks for the help so far. If anyone travelled as a 3 i'd love to see a photo. I might move on with my planning and come back to Princess with possible more questions

I don't know what category of cabin you would like. On looking at the brochure, I see that all the outside cabins on deck 5 (Plaza) have the option of 3 or 4 people. The beds are normal single (3' wide). You would only need one of the top beds lowered and that would leave the other bed as somewhere you could sit. Otherwise, with the top bed down, you can't sit on the bottom bed.

Deck 6 outside cabins also have space for four people, but this deck is not as quiet as deck 5. The Wheelhouse bar the Princess Theatre are above the deck 6 cabins. If you had a cabin on deck 6 you would need to be as close to the lifts as you could get.

There are a few inside cabins near the back and also near the front of deck 8that have a third bed shown as a triangle and some inside ones shown as having 4 beds.

Deck 9 inside cabins have 3 beds. Some outside cabins near athe back of deck 10 and 11 have 4 beds.

The suites and mini suites on deck, 8, 9 and 10 have allowance for an extra person.

If you check out the "Australia and New Zealand" section of this forum you will get a lot of good information relating to the Australian Princess ships.

Hey Aus Traveller thanks for the advice. I figured i might get more information on the actual princess forum but yeah ill check the Australian forum. I am basically just looking for photos or layout of a the 3 person cabin inside outside or balcony to show my family. we are still in the early stages and with one newbie in the mix i just ant everyone to know what they are getting themselves in for :)

Hey Aus Traveller thanks for the advice. I figured i might get more information on the actual princess forum but yeah ill check the Australian forum. I am basically just looking for photos or layout of a the 3 person cabin inside outside or balcony to show my family. we are still in the early stages and with one newbie in the mix i just ant everyone to know what they are getting themselves in for :)

Try a Google image search using "Dawn Princess" quad cabin as your search term. The first three photos that come up are from her -- since she's twin to the Sea Princess, that should give you a good idea.