Sanctuary bookings on the Regal

Fofalola

Regal veterans - a question for those of you who have travelled/researched this...

I have seen suggestions of sprinting instead of wandering over to the Sanctuary on embarkation day...

1. Can one book for a specific future day on embarkation day, eg if I board on Sunday (and sprint over to the Sanctuary), can I make a booking for the following Tuesday on that Sunday?

2. And also, once booked, can I cancel a future day without penalty?

Appreciate your answers, Ta!

When we booked the whole week on CB, we were told no refunds. And we could only book a single day on that day, since they would hold other chairs for the week.

It appears as though some ships are doing some future day bookings. I would imagine those could be cancelled as they would likely be readily re-sold. Makes sense you could never cancel a full-week booking.

The OP was asking for specific current experience on Regal, so need a current or recently disembarked passenger to report. I cannot help until Nov!!

Edited by steelers36

how much does it cost to rent chairs at the sanctuary? How early do you need to go to reserve something the day of? What has been your experiences?

Per Princess:

To use The Sanctuary will cost a fee, please check the Princess Patter for pricing or with a Serenity Steward onboard. Reservations for The Sanctuary loungers can be made by a Serenity Steward onboard by visiting The Sanctuary.

Pricing used to be published, but now they have it up to the ships and there is special (read higher) pricing for special situations (e.g. Panama Canal).

Generally, expect $20 per 1/2 day and $40 for whole day. Some ships will have a discount for a full cruise booking. If so, expect $30 for each day if committing to full cruise length.

When we were on recently we couldn't get in Sanctuary on the Sea Days because they had been fully booked in advance by people booking them on embarkation/day 2.

I think it is worth getting there asap and trying to book the days you want in advance.

I cruised on the Regal in Jan 2015. This was an Eastern Caribbean cruise. Upon boarding I was able to book for the next to last sea day for the full day. I got the last chair and there was only 1 remaining chair for a single day left which was for the next day. Booking for a single day in the future did not seem to be anything unusual to me.

WARNING RUN DO NOT WALK to the Sanctuary the moment you board. You will likely encounter a line out the door, but they will get to you. (As we waited our turn in line we were actually updated a few times on the status)

Fofalola,

If you are embarking on a cruise that has a lot of people on board for the 2nd half of a b2b, you may find that they have already booked all of the seats.

If you have never sailed on the Royal or Regal before, please know that each time I've sailed on them, even though there were many more people on board than on the grand class ships, we never had a difficult time finding chairs by one of the pools. On the grand class, we definitely try to book the Sanctuary.

Have a great time!

Just read through this thread..departing on the Regal this December 6th for the first time. So let me get this correctly... if my wife and I want to use the Sanctuary at any time during our seven day journey, we need to either book it for the entire week OR run over to the Serenity area to inquire IF we can book it for a specific day of the week and that MIGHT or MIGHT NOT be possible but I need to get in line on embarkation day either way. Am I understanding that correctly?

Correct, OR go early that AM unless they are allowing pre-bookings day before.

Just read through this thread..departing on the Regal this December 6th for the first time. So let me get this correctly... if my wife and I want to use the Sanctuary at any time during our seven day journey, we need to either book it for the entire week OR run over to the Serenity area to inquire IF we can book it for a specific day of the week and that MIGHT or MIGHT NOT be possible but I need to get in line on embarkation day either way. Am I understanding that correctly?

When I was on the Royal, last February, (I know this is about the Regal, but occassionally, they mirror practices...), I ran up the Sanctuary to book it for the week. It was incredibly windy, so I decided to just book it for the day.

Whilst standing in line, we were told that we should have dialed a number from our stateroom to book the Sanctuary. Also, the Steward Captain allowed us to book one day in advance. They also held back a number of chairs for "day bookings".

I only rented it for one day, as I caught the infamous "man-cold of the century" and could not be out in all that wind. I did write pretty extensively on the Sanctuary, and a link to that thread is down in my signature line.

Hope this helps.:):)

I did write pretty extensively on the Sanctuary, and a link to that thread is down in my signature line.

Hope this helps.:):)

Ive been known to miss a full gallon of milk even tho it was sitting in the fridge right before me, so I apologize in advance..but which of those links is about the Sanctuary?

Thanks. I would love to read it.

Ive been known to miss a full gallon of milk even tho it was sitting in the fridge right before me, so I apologize in advance..but which of those links is about the Sanctuary?

Thanks. I would love to read it.

Here it is: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2158487

It is Part 1 of the world's best move-over offer...

Here it is: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2158487

It is Part 1 of the world's best move-over offer...

Thanks Tracie. I actually read the entire thread and you've "rejuvenated" my belief that someone can actually write a fantastic review of their vacation. My wife and I sail on the Regal December 6th and I've already started my little narrative about all the pre-planning that went into it. I know some will think "who cares" but I actually enjoy reading them and hope someone will enjoy reading mine as well.

I have do have one question (still about the Sanctuary). Was it worth it? I know you said you enjoyed it and that those who were there with you were "your kind of people" but, would you do it again? And, I didn't see anything about cost (remember the gallon of milk scenario I mentioned earlier..) so if you don't mind indulging me a little further..can you expand upon your total experience with the Sanctuary? I'm really struggling with whether or not I want to go through the hassle to reserve this for Dawn and I. Thanks

Thanks Tracie. I actually read the entire thread and you've "rejuvenated" my belief that someone can actually write a fantastic review of their vacation. My wife and I sail on the Regal December 6th and I've already started my little narrative about all the pre-planning that went into it. I know some will think "who cares" but I actually enjoy reading them and hope someone will enjoy reading mine as well.

I have do have one question (still about the Sanctuary). Was it worth it? I know you said you enjoyed it and that those who were there with you were "your kind of people" but, would you do it again? And, I didn't see anything about cost (remember the gallon of milk scenario I mentioned earlier..) so if you don't mind indulging me a little further..can you expand upon your total experience with the Sanctuary? I'm really struggling with whether or not I want to go through the hassle to reserve this for Dawn and I. Thanks

Thank you for your kind words. It was actually one of my least favorite reviews, as I was pretty sick the whole cruise. In truth, I had the flu-- which coupled with this amazing gift of optimism equals a "cold".

To answer your question, the Sanctuary was $40 a day or $30 a day if you book the whole cruise. The Enclave (Thermal Suite) was about the same. I am not afraid to spend a bit on vacation travel, and I work a pretty hectic job, so I seek and am willing to pay for opportunities to relax.

As for writing "live froms" and reviews... I highly recommend it. Honestly, they are a lot of work, and I have often questioned whether or not it is really worth it. So here goes... my mom and I were travel companions for many years. In July we took our second "Move-Over" cruise to the British Isles (there is a live from for that cruise too). Eight days after we returned home from Europe, my mom had a massive stroke and subsequently died 5 days later. While she was in Hospice those final days, I read and re-read our travel blogs to her. Now, I read them every night. This has helped me to feel connected to her. And now I know why I wrote them... I was preserving our memories. The "live froms" have brought me a lot of comfort and I am so grateful that I had the forsight to write them, even if I did not know why at the time. So, yes, I would recommend recording your travel with Dawn. My blogs are now priceless to me.

Thank you Tracie for your help. Sorry to hear about your Mom. I'm going to attempt my "live from" on our trip. As mentioned, we sail December 6th so... stay tuned...LOL. Take care.

Jeff - email me on with the Yahoo link on my signature.