Can a 14 & 15 year old be together in the kids/teen club?

I am am trying to find the best cruise for a friend and I to go on over February break. Our daughters are friends and will both be in 9th grade together (High School). However they will be different ages at time of travel, 14 and 15, with close to a year separating their birthdays.

Will they be able to go to the same kids club? Either the 12 -14 or the 15-17 year old club?

If not, what cruise lines would I have better luck? I know Disney works, but wanted to look at other options.

Actually, they will have their own activities, but they can "see" each other...The activities are really geared perfectly to each age group. They will both be happy! No worries!

But...they won't be in the same group..the 15 Year olds don't generally participate much..

Edited by cb at sea

The last two years when we have sailed over February break, the two age groups were combined because they didn't have a lot of kids (Freedom and Vision). We were glad they'd be together but the kids (12 & 14 this year) spent hardly any time there anyway.

Thanks for the help! Sounds like there is enough combining that it maybe feasible to choice RCI and expect them to be able to be together in the teen club activities most of the time. We really want a cruise where they can do activities together. That is why we are traveling together! We ruled out Carnival because of this.

I was surprised to hear there were not many kids on a Caribbean cruise during Feb break. I was expecting to have a boat full. ;)

We are looking at the Western Caribbean cruise on the Rhapsody of the Seas or NCL Getaway.... or Disney Wonder to the Bahamas (4 night). Any thought?

Well - I am pro RCL, but I would have a hard time recommending Rhapsody over Getaway for teens...I think that the teens go on the larger RCI ships - voyager class, freedom class are both great for teens (oasis is too but not necessary!).

My kids are 5 and 9 and I they don't even want to go on a Disney cruise with all of the 'sport like activities' available. As a teenager - I would either be participating or watching the flowrider for a bunch of my day and hanging out with the other teens!

The teens on the Oasis hung out by the basketball court. The boys played and the girls just stood there staring at the boys. My boys just hung out with each other and explored the ship and did all of the activities like zip lining and rock climbing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums