6th Royal Class Ship 2022

need2cruisesoon

Here is the news:

http://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/news-headlines/fincantieri-inks-mou-for-hal-princess-newbuilds.html

http://ilpiccolo.gelocal.it/trieste/cronaca/2017/01/19/news/fincantieri-firma-commessa-da-un-miliardo-per-altre-due-navi-carnival-1.14739414?ref=hfpitsec-1

TRIESTE. Fincantieri has signed a "memorandum of agreement" with the US group Carnival Corporation & plc - the world's largest cruise company with 10 brands and 102 ships in operation and 19 more planned between 2017 and 2022 - for the construction of two cruise ships , the total value of over EUR 1 billion, intended to brand Holland America Line (HAL) and Princess Cruises.

The contracts are subject to several conditions including financing the shipping group; They will be operational during the first half of 2017. The unit for HAL will be built at the Marghera (delivery in 2021). With 99,500 tons. gross tonnage and passenger capacity of 2,660, will be the third ship of the series "Pinnacle" after "Koningsdam", delivered in March 2016, and "Nieuw Statendam", which will be completed in

2018, both in Marghera, and will feature innovative solutions already introduced in class. The unit for Princess Cruises will be built at Monfalcone and will become part of the shipowner's fleet in 2022, with a tonnage of 145,000 GRT and can accommodate 3,660 passengers.

Edited by need2cruisesoon

Very exciting. I hope that the 4th, 5th and 6th ships in the Royal class continue to evolve and improve. The covered pool in the Majestic Princess is one such evolution along with the central stairs accessible for the passengers on the Royal are good starts for the new builds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would love to see 'more' promenade decking, aft pool of decent size with stairs not ladder for people with rickety knees, and give thought to places (inside and out) on ship to watch the sea other than balconies. Life on ship is becoming more focussed inwards and losing the connection to the oceans around - whether more promenade or spaces to look out up front or on upper decks, etc. much like the original ships.

give thought to places (inside and out) on ship to watch the sea other than balconies. Life on ship is becoming more focussed inwards and losing the connection to the oceans around - whether more promenade or spaces to look out up front or on upper decks, etc. much like the original ships.

I totally agree with you about this. I remember a time when you would go to a lounge and all the chairs would be facing outwards. Not anymore