14 day cruises and questions?

Alaskan Joe

Ok seasoned Carnival cruisers, I got a couple of questions. First, On 14 day cruises do they change up the shows (theater)over two weeks, do they repeat, or other (like spread them out over the 2 weeks)??? Secondly, my wife and I are well aware that Carnival cruises have a lot of kids. However with this being a 2 week cruise should we expect a lot of kids??? Thanks in advance.

Is this a true 14 day cruise or a B2B? I've done what was sold as a 14 day cruise but in reality is was a B2B and while the comedians changed, the rest of the entertainment did not. Same with the kids. If it is a true 14 day cruise you should not expect many kids but it does depend on whether school is out or not. If it's a B2B then expect more kids as most will only be doing one or the other leg.

Edited by Computer Nerd

In the last 3 years we have done 1 13 day, 1 14 day and 2 15 day cruises on Carnival. None were B2B. Each one had very few kids and the entertainment and menus were different for each day with no repeats. We are in the middle of a 15 day Hawaiian cruise right now, and loving every second! You should expect an older crowd.

In the last 3 years we have done 1 13 day, 1 14 day and 2 15 day cruises on Carnival. None were B2B. Each one had very few kids and the entertainment and menus were different for each day with no repeats. We are in the middle of a 15 day Hawaiian cruise right now, and loving every second! You should expect an older crowd.

Ditto

We've done three 2 week cruises on Carnival (Hawaii and Mexican Riviera). If it's a true two week cruise then the Production shows are only repeated on the same night at 7 & 9. The other nights are filled with fly on entertainment. Our Hawaii had four different production shows.

FWIW the MDR menu also rarely repeated itself though we did get Beef Wellington twice but different preparations. The lunch buffet also rotated, some menus we saw once, others twice.

Typically longer cruises do not attract many families with school age kids. It might if the cruise lands during school holidays.

Just off a 10 day Princess cruise. Not many kids onboard but the few that were either young Americans or kids from Down Under.

Edited by SadieN