Silhouette - tips and tricks?

2calgarycruisers

I did do a search so hopefully this isn't a double post. When I did my first cruise ever it was on the Oasis and they had a great thread on things not to miss, hidden treasures (e.g. hidden balconies for sail aways etc), tricks about what to bring, what to ask for (e.g.robes as soon as you board) - hoping we can start something here.... great for us newbies! I'm also new to Europe cruising, we are doing the October 22nd 14 day Israel and Med sailing, so any advice in regards to what to pack, what not to miss would be great! Thanks to all in advance.

alright - so 78 views of people who either would like to see some tips or tricks or people who can give tips or tricks - either way, I think the thread can be helpful - is there nothing on the S-Ship class that people who haven't sailed before on them wouldn't find helpful? Thanks to all in advance!

alright - so 78 views of people who either would like to see some tips or tricks or people who can give tips or tricks - either way, I think the thread can be helpful - is there nothing on the S-Ship class that people who haven't sailed before on them wouldn't find helpful? Thanks to all in advance!

We are just about to have dinner, I will give you some tips later this evening. I am sure you will get a lot of input. We are about to sail on Silhouette for the third time, we love her.

Your cruise director... if you get Paul Baya. He's a very good singer and an awesome CD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by bob221b1

There are tips - but you have to set your search to any date, not the default which is either 6 months or 1 year.

The attached hints & tips were collected in 2012 and updated in 2014. If you would like, you can copy and paste them into the CC website because they came from the website. I added some fancying but didn't change anything. I think I gave credit to the people posting.

Beth

Best of Silhouette Tips from Cruise Critic Members.pdf

Edited by bbappel

I went on my first Celebrity cruise last Oct on a TA. Loved it and going again in November. Until this week I thought the Aqua Cafe was just for Aqua guest! I am so excited now. We spent alot of time in the Solarium and didn't touch the food there.Duh! I am happy to know I can eat there.Thanks!

I did do a search so hopefully this isn't a double post. When I did my first cruise ever it was on the Oasis and they had a great thread on things not to miss, hidden treasures (e.g. hidden balconies for sail aways etc), tricks about what to bring, what to ask for (e.g.robes as soon as you board) - hoping we can start something here.... great for us newbies! I'm also new to Europe cruising, we are doing the October 22nd 14 day Israel and Med sailing, so any advice in regards to what to pack, what not to miss would be great! Thanks to all in advance.

We love Silhouette mostly because of the staterooms on Solstice class ships. We are usually in concierge, we like the footstools on the balcony and the location of the rooms. There is wonderful extra storage above the bed, we put all our tops and tees folded up there. It is the width of the bed. In the bathroom there is a long cabinet, I usually bring some small baskets I get a dollar store to put all the little toiletries etc. in keeps everything organized and I just toss them at end of cruise. shower is also larger than most ships we have been on. I think the balcony rooms have all these thing too except for footstool. food a little better than average but then they are feeding a whole lot of people.

Tips and tricks:

Deck 5 all those deserts, they are FREE Port side.

Aqua spa Under the Gym you can go in there, it's FREE before opening and after.

The Sky private Parties. you can walk in, get a Drink FREE, people who do that needs to be taught a lesson. And they get away with it to.

Just to name a few. Enjoy

I went on my first Celebrity cruise last Oct on a TA. Loved it and going again in November. Until this week I thought the Aqua Cafe was just for Aqua guest! I am so excited now. We spent alot of time in the Solarium and didn't touch the food there.Duh! I am happy to know I can eat there.Thanks!

Also good in the morning to get coffee or tea and thus avoid the buffet....

We love Silhouette mostly because of the staterooms on Solstice class ships. We are usually in concierge, we like the footstools on the balcony and the location of the rooms. There is wonderful extra storage above the bed, we put all our tops and tees folded up there. It is the width of the bed. In the bathroom there is a long cabinet, I usually bring some small baskets I get a dollar store to put all the little toiletries etc. in keeps everything organized and I just toss them at end of cruise. shower is also larger than most ships we have been on. I think the balcony rooms have all these thing too except for footstool. food a little better than average but then they are feeding a whole lot of people.

Thanks - any luck in anyone asking for the footstools who aren't in concierge?

Tips and tricks:

Deck 5 all those deserts, they are FREE Port side. can you clarify?

The Sky private Parties. you can walk in, get a Drink FREE, people who do that needs to be taught a lesson. And they get away with it to.

Just to name a few. Enjoy

what do you mean by aqua spa under the gym being free?

any other tips welcome!

Edited by 2calgarycruisers

what do you mean by aqua spa under the gym being free?

any other tips welcome!

Many people thin when on a ship you are restricted, I say FREE to roam and explore. Deck 11 Forward will be the Aqua class....

Only tip you don't want to see is the Vessle .

Not here. That's the main reason we go CC class and above. Might sound silly to some but I spend a LOT of time on the balcony and the foot stools are great. I pay a lot for an ocean front room, I'm going to enjoy it - lol

Gopro63 wrote

--- I think you are referring to Cafe Al Bacio, where there are breakfast pastries until noon, and sweet desserts thereafter. There is no charge for the food, but the drinks there are not

--- I have no idea what this is referring to

--- how is this a tip or trick? Are you recommending crashing a private party or not? I am having a hard time understanding your posts

Thanks I also have a hard time understanding yours and Yes I speak English first, and no other language (smiles)

SO again let me make 1970's clear for you.

Thank you Yes Café El Blanco on Deck Five the Coffee spot thank you for clearing that up. You personally can not miss it, on port side Mid ship.

Deck 11 Forward, in Aqua Spa there is a room you can look out under the Gym's floor, there are lounges tea and coffee, you can enter before and after hours, and enjoy a relaxing quiet part of the ship. This part you don't understand because????? you do not know what I am talking about, know where it is at? never explored?

The Sky private party, I never said to crash it I said others do exactly that and that to me is something the Staff let slide by, it is a trick people do especially the young adults flaunting their way in.

I say it open and honest, and clear as day.

Gopro63 wrote

--- I think you are referring to Cafe Al Bacio, where there are breakfast pastries until noon, and sweet desserts thereafter. There is no charge for the food, but the drinks there are not

--- I have no idea what this is referring to

--- how is this a tip or trick? Are you recommending crashing a private party or not? I am having a hard time understanding your posts

We have not had luck, but we have used the safety vest bins under the bed upside down as foot stools. They work well. Even better with the vests on top of the bins as cushions.

If the reference is to the Relaxation Room on deck 11 under the Spa verandah, it is complimentary to Aqua Class guests but there is a fee for other guests to use this area, as it is more-or-less part of the Persian Garden

Relaxation room is free no charges to use it, it is also the waiting room for Spa appointments. It used to be exclusive to AQ guests but even then you couldn't purchase use in it if you were in other cabins. Now, from what I have seen no one enforces anything in it but there was never a charge. It is not a big deal, nice couches looking out at the ocean. Relaxation room is only on S class ships.

When I responded on the other post, I thought they were referring to Aqua Spa Cafe.

The secret stairway is in the area of the Spa and gym, only on S class ships.

Edited by dkjretired