Because I did a silly thing...

mammajamma2013

I booked a cruise under the 3 For Free promotion but didn't print out, much less write down, what the freebies are. My travel agent invoice does show free gratuities, a free meal in one of the specialty restaurants, and "on-board credit".

I remembered the gratuities & specialty restaurant. For those of you who booked under this promotion, was the third freebie OBC? If so, how much was it? This will be for a 15 night cruise.

Sincerely,

Embarrased mammajamma2013 :o

I booked a cruise under the 3 For Free promotion but didn't print out, much less write down, what the freebies are. My travel agent invoice does show free gratuities, a free meal in one of the specialty restaurants, and "on-board credit".

I remembered the gratuities & specialty restaurant. For those of you who booked under this promotion, was the third freebie OBC? If so, how much was it? This will be for a 15 night cruise.

Sincerely,

Embarrased mammajamma2013 :o

The other promotion was the best available cabin in the class you paid for (i.e., balcony, mini suite). I also booked under this promo but requested no upgrade because I wanted to keep the cabin I picked. I don't think this promo included any OBC. That might be from your TA.

The other promotion was the best available cabin in the class you paid for (i.e., balcony, mini suite). I also booked under this promo but requested no upgrade because I wanted to keep the cabin I picked. I don't think this promo included any OBC. That might be from your TA.

That's what we remember as well. We each have OBCs from FCCs and a small OBC each from the TA. We requested a meta upgrade only for the same reason. The cabin and location that we selected was what we wanted (unless we got a mini or a regular suite upgrade :cool:).

Edited by ar1950

The following information on a booking under 3 For Free promotion was on my Booking Confirmation from Princess under Payment Details:

By booking this promotion guests will receive the following: * FREE STATEROOM UPGRADE: Guests get the best stateroom available for the stateroom type selected at the lowest possible fare during this promotion. Select categories are not applicable. * FREE GRATUITIES: Gratuities are paid on behalf of guests 1 & 2. * FREE SPECIALTY DINING FOR 2: On the guest's behalf, Princess will select a date and time for them to enjoy dinner at a specialty restaurant onboard. * REDUCED DEPOSIT: Only $100 per guest.

For me, the FREE STATEROOM UPGRADE did not apply since I booked a Window Suite, and the REDUCED DEPOSIT did not apply since I booked using a Future Cruise Deposit. However they were still listed on the Booking Confirmation.

And ...... because this promotion was not limited to new bookings only, if you had already booked a cruise previous to the promo, as we had, in the highest mini-suite category (MA) , our rate was reduced to the lowest rate in the mini-suite category. When combined with the free gratuities, stateroom rate adjustment and free specialty restaurant, resulted in a SIGNIFICANT reduction from our initial booking rate. :D

...VTX-Al

It was best available cabin class.

*makes notation in notes*

Love how people here are so willing to help out with questions.

You are exactly correct!

Best Available Cabin in class

Free Specialty Dinner

Free Gratuities

Those are the freebies for the 3 for free. We also got on onboard credit from our TA, a bonus $50 OBC (think that was from Princess) and a bottle of wine (or a $20 voucher for a bottle of wine ... not sure what kind of wine it would be for $20, though and that might have also been from the TA).

My cruise was to Alaska and was able to switch over to the Twice as Nice Promo and saved quite a bit on the two cabins I have booked. No more specialty dinner but quite a bit more onboard credit and for this week only, it also covered my gratuities....so I didn't lose much of anything!