Journey - were staterooms upgraded in the refit?

soraya

Hi, Am thinking of booking later on this year for one of the trips which includes Komodo. I've not cruised with Azamara before but was wondering what condition the staterooms are in?

BTW Only being paranoid because we had a terrible experience with P&O Adonia with stained furnishings and bits falling off the curtains and rust and ripped carpets etc.

Would anyone have any recent photos I could show my DH to reassure him that I wouldn't be booking another cruise ship from hell? We're looking at a balcony grade cabin.

Thanks

Hi, Am thinking of booking later on this year for one of the trips which includes Komodo. I've not cruised with Azamara before but was wondering what condition the staterooms are in?

BTW Only being paranoid because we had a terrible experience with P&O Adonia with stained furnishings and bits falling off the curtains and rust and ripped carpets etc.

Would anyone have any recent photos I could show my DH to reassure him that I wouldn't be booking another cruise ship from hell? We're looking at a balcony grade cabin.

Thanks

Every room on both ships has been "Reimagined" which is how Azamara have named their refit - Journey in January and Quest in April. If you go on the cruiselines website they have lots of really good images under the heading reimagine or if you search on this board you will find some individual pictures from cruisers.

Azamara's Chief Housekeepers also have very high standards so ongoing issues are identified and acted on if items have become damaged at any time.

You would not be on the cruise ship from hell but on the friendliest ship on the high seas.

Having been on both I can assure you that although the ships are all "R" ships Azamara are worlds apart from P&O. Firstly the ships are maintained to a much higher standard and with the recent refits are, we felt, very classy.

As uktog says they are very friendly ships, but in addition the standards of service are superb.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks so much for your replies. We tend to cruise based on destination and it always seems to be the R class ships that we end up on.

We had a great trip to the Amazon but P&O did trash it. No sleep and little gluten free food for my DH was pretty bad. And we were onboard for a month!

Azamara sounds fab and I managed to find a review with the refit pictures in. Am really tempted..

Thanks

Yes, all the staterooms and suites on both ships were renovated this year. The reviews are very positive! We would love to have you sail with us!

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/int/blog/guests-love-reimagined-azamara-ships