DVD player in Neptune Suite

wolfatlga

Greetings,

We have had one before and just checking to see if the Neptune Suites still have DVD players in the room.

One of our favorite things to do after a long day is just relax and watch one of our favorite movies after dinner.

RCCL still has them, however we are planning our next vacation and I think it's time to try Holland again.

We decided for us the Neptune suites are the best of the different cruise lines.

Thanks,

Roy:)

It will depend on the ship. If the vessel you're on has the upgraded interactive TV system, you'll have on-demand movies instead. You'll still have access to movies though, and generally newer ones than were available in the DVD lending library.

we have used the DVD in the suite on a few occasions .. however, the sound is quite terrible coming thru the TV. They added Bose speaker last year and you can hook it up to the TV to improve the sound remarkably. Here is hoping the upgrades to newer systems will replace DVD with high quality TV and on-demand movies as someone mentioned - haven't seen it on Amsterdam or Prinsendam yet.

harry

Which ship are you on? And we can help.

As POA1 said it depends upon the ship. Interactie TV and "on demand" has replaced a number.

We had DVD players on our Rotterdam cruise last month.

Which ship are you on? And we can help.

As POA1 said it depends upon the ship. Interactie TV and "on demand" has replaced a number.

We had DVD players on our Rotterdam cruise last month.

Grand Med (Prinsendam) this year

Veendam - Canada Oct last year

WC2016 (Amsterdam) last year

Grand Med (Prinsendam) this year

Veendam - Canada Oct last year

WC2016 (Amsterdam) last year

Thanks - for the Prinsendam, I would think you would have the DVD players.

On the ships that have the 42" flat screens installed, there are no more DVD players, and the DVD lending library at the Front Desk is also gone. The on-demand movies are plentiful and a good selection.

Don't even think of trying to plug an HDMI cable into one of the new flat screens. They are firmly mounted very close to the wall and you would need tools to pull it away enough to plug in an HDMI cable from a laptop. The remotes for those TV's are custom for the ships, and do not have any way to select alternate inputs to the TV. The front panel buttons on the TV's also do not allow external input switching. You will have to be happy with the on-demand movies, and there are plenty of them.

Thanks - for the Prinsendam, I would think you would have the DVD players.

see my earlier post:

we have used the DVD in the suite on a few occasions .. however, the sound is quite terrible coming thru the TV. They added Bose speaker last year and you can hook it up to the TV to improve the sound remarkably. Here is hoping the upgrades to newer systems will replace DVD with high quality TV and on-demand movies as someone mentioned - haven't seen it on Amsterdam or Prinsendam yet.

see my earlier post:

We have seen it on the Prinsendam which is why I think you will have them ;). To the best of my knowledge that ship hasn't had the suites switched to the interactive TV's.

Because the on demand movies are streamed, they're not quite DVD quality. They should be fine for in room viewing, and it's nice to be able to pick from a menu instead of having to check out a disc. The audio on the new TVs seemed a little better. You're not going to confuse it with a decent quality home theater set up, but hey - free movies on a boat.

Just off the westerdamn and the new flat screen Tvs have tons of movies to pick from. They also added different movies each day. Also the news shows were plentiful. CNN , fox , CNBC were all available.