Beagle's Wild Ride On The Pride!! (2017 Review w/Pics)

We planned to leave but then we found a nice bar in the shade right by the exit. There was a breeze and so we sat there for an hour just enjoying being out of the sun but still on the island.

34833317666_92d36e120a_b.jpg

34833318896_81c67c8583_b.jpg

34029903314_005c5a830a_b.jpg

34833380066_8f98d8aaaa_b.jpg

Most of our friends that were making their way back to the tender boats stopped to join us and we all boarded together. We were back on board by 4:30 but sail away was late because they wanted to extend our time (which was great!). I think we sailed away at 5:45.

When we arrived back at the cabin, this guy was waiting.

34062565653_c1f67af1d0_b.jpg

Tonight, I had the cannelloni, some type of fish, and the smore’s parfait. All 3 were excellent (as usual). After dinner, we went to watch the Alterr Band and then Caribbean Sounds with Bluelyspo came on at 8:45.

34486809030_5cfed43fd3_b.jpg

34062611643_539e4e37f8_b.jpg

34873212095_ae31d7d2f0_b.jpg

Next Up… Freeport & The Wild Snorkel Trip!

Day 6 –Freeport

This cruise has had its ups and downs literally so why should Freeport be any different?

I may have already mentioned that a few months in advance, I booked us all on an excursion for snorkeling with Pat & Diane. I had read so many great reviews for them but the website felt strange the way I had to give my credit card # even though it says you don’t have to pay until the day of the excursion. I ended up talking to Diane several times and she said "don’t read the internet". The devastation from Hurricane Matthew had affected their business and they no longer had the large catamaran with the slide. They do have access to a boat that could accommodate our group but they were canceling smaller trips. I felt much better after talking to her, but I just didn’t know if booking through Carnival for the extra money would have been a better choice.

34143886593_5f95a3a9e8_b.jpg

Most of us met at 7am for breakfast in the main dining room. We had to be off the boat and waiting for the tour guide at 8am. I was actually told 8:15, but I lied to my people just in case I had some stragglers. Shhhh that’s mean, I know. While at breakfast, the hub app starts alerting us that some of our group were detained and not let off the boat because they didn’t have a ticket. WHAT? Eventually we figured out that someone in our group told Carnival they were going snorkeling and it was an employee that said they needed a ticket, not a ticket to get off. It was all a big misunderstanding but stressed me out since I wasn’t there in person to get things straight. Eventually, we made our way off and found Pat. We had to wait for another group going with us and they didn’t show up until 8:30. So much for me lying to my group and making them get there early. Sorry Gang!!

We made some friends while we waited.

34143889663_5972474c13_b.jpg

34143890913_db61e3a6db_b.jpg

Once we had everyone in the open air bus, we were on our way. We learned about the richest man in Freeport. Here is a picture of his home. Well the entrance anyway. Hard to see the mansion in the background.

34566795590_fa445069e9_b.jpg

We arrived at the Port Lucaya Marketplace.

34790648422_c12052c03d_b.jpg

We met our crew. Our captain was Kemo and his first mate was Chad. We had 3 others but I don’t recall their names. Chad was very funny and personable. They informed us it was very choppy but we could still go to the reef. Once we got out into the ocean, that water was rough!! The waves were crashing over the front and soaking people. Of course I was turning green from the motion of the big waves.:eek: It took about 20 minutes but it felt like forever.

Here are some pics along the way.

34143915823_93dae99d80_b.jpg

34143918643_db6bd2445b_b.jpg

34143926403_f0e1329b35_b.jpg

34954981145_db1e3e8c17_b.jpg

Once we anchored up, I thought about not getting off the boat because I felt so seasick but maybe swimming would help. The first brave soul to jump off the boat into this incredibly choppy water was in our group. My DH went next and without a life jacket.

After about 5 mins, I threw him mine. The crew said if you tie the life jacket around your waist it keeps you a float and it’s much easier to put your face in the water and enjoy looking at the fish. That was very true. I gave DH my camera and he was able to capture some great pictures.

34822859421_46f6cbbc45_b.jpg

34822865931_6963c6c9e7_b.jpg

34822865931_6963c6c9e7_b.jpg

Everyone was raving about the hundreds of fish they were seeing. I was one of 5 still on the boat. I just decided to put down the tissue box, stop sneezing, and go for it!!! Here’s a picture of yours truly about to jump down 6 foot into the crazy water. I loved it.

34822960541_9d8af4b535_b.jpg

The most fun I had was jumping off the boat and trying to survive in the swells. I personally didn’t do much snorkeling as it was easier for me to just try and swim with my face out of the water. Here’s a pic of the back of my head. LOL

34914361666_5061b8e2bb_b.jpg

Eventually, I decided I felt more sea sick in this water so I made my way back to the boat and the ladder and it took me what felt like 20 minutes. Luckily, everyone was having a blast.

Here are some more fishy pics

34144503223_99a7852c5b_b.jpg

34791254242_3280984d81_b.jpg

34791257672_e429035de8_b.jpg

Once we were back on board it was time for rum punch. :D The captain took us to the area where they do the dolphin swim excursion. We just had to be very quiet. I was able to snap a picture, but I didn’t see too many dolphins from my angle on the boat.

34823141411_eea2934b39_b.jpg

After that we tried to take the "back way" in to where the boat docks but the tide was too high and we had to turn around and go back out into the rough water to get back to the dock.

A few random pics on the way back

34823135211_bc2d240538_b.jpg

34823146861_60e7e34036_b.jpg

34567660610_0e937fb0b0_b.jpg

We all wanted to move to this house!!!

34144698163_06354dc347_b.jpg

We all really enjoyed the trip. I wish Pat, Diane, and the crew all the best. I hope things turn around in Freeport and they are able to stay in business. They were all very nice.

I didn’t really care for the Lucaya Marketplace. I would not go there just to hang out for the day if I was in Freeport. Every bathroom people complained that none of the toilets flushed. The shops didn’t look very impressive. I was happy to be on my way back to the ship after that exciting morning. Thanks to Jamman's review, I insisted we stop at Senior Frogs. It just looked fun. We tried a local beer. It was called Sands Light and with lime in there, I was able to drink it. DH didn’t care for it, but I thought it was ok.

34145087213_880dd41424_b.jpg

We were all back on board the ship by 1pm. Check out our neighbor docked nearby. They were in port from 1pm – 7pm. I didn't bother to take sail away pictures. Not much to see.

34112265424_61fde6b109_b.jpg

I finally indulged in the mocha chocolate getaway. This drink is amazing and tastes just like a milkshake.

34112256184_65541fdc84_b.jpg

After rum punch, beer, and now that chocolaty drink, it was time to put some food in my stomach so I went off to get a burger. I’m so glad I did because DH never had one all week and he just raved over them in 2015.

That night was our 2nd elegant night and I think all but one couple came to dinner. I had the crap cake, grilled shrimp and chocolate cake. I should have ordered two crab cakes. They were amazing!!!

34791858752_54a7d0b792_b.jpg

34791880772_124a279a51_b.jpg

34955703325_705c989934_b.jpg

After dinner we went to the Punchliner.

34791895962_85922f9022_b.jpg

We got to see Scotty K and Reno Collier. They were both funny and we ended up having a blast in there. We were allowed to stay seated after the shows and that was so much better than having to get up and get in line again. I hate that. It never seemed crowded and there was never a line for people to get inside and maybe that is why they don’t enforce the rule everyone has to leave after the show. Maybe the Pride has more room in their Punchliner. It sure seemed like they did.

I think there was a pizza involved before we made it back to the cabin!!

Next Up – Our Last Day – UGH!

Just to be clear, Monday & Friday were the Elegant nights?

We have already booked the steakhouse for Sunday and I'd like to book the Chef's table for a non-elegant night.

Do you have pics of any of the fun times?

Embarkation Day - Continued

We packed up and headed to the port around 2:30. The line to park seemed like forever but it was only about 15 minutes. There was no difference between cash or credit. The hold-up appeared to be where they take your luggage. Once we got to the line we could see people were backed up into the parking area. Thankfully the forecast for rain had changed.

DSCF4837bb_zpsm7qrmgog.jpg

DSCF4838_zpstnefubxa.jpg

DSCF4839_zps1sqsq40d.jpg

By the time,we made it inside building where we had cover, it was 4pm. At that point, DH had enough and abandoned our dear friends. He is Platinum so we walked to that section and we were the only ones to go through and bing bam boom, we were onboard in 7 minutes. Amazing!!! We could or maybe SHOULD have left everyone sooner but we were trying to be good friends. LOL Isn’t if funny how over an hour in line and you can bail on your friends.

Oh man is that a line! And I thought Galveston was bad! Can't wait to read the rest! Just had to mention that before I read on!

What a fun review. I have to say you are a real trooper between the sea sickness and getting a cold. We LOVE the spirit class ships and had sailed all of them multiple times EXCEPT Pride. Our homeport of NY (we live 20 minutes from the cruise terminal) stopped doing winter/spring cruises which is what we book, and with Jamman's very persistent urging, we booked a B2B on Pride 2 years ago. Fell in love with her AND the port of Baltimore and did a Journeys cruise last year and are booked on a Journeys cruise for January. THANKS JAMMAN! ;) Have been to GT and HMC a bunch of times and they are our favorite ports of call, esp. GT. Kudos to you and your attitude and hope you had calm seas on your journey home!

Just to be clear, Monday & Friday were the Elegant nights?

We have already booked the steakhouse for Sunday and I'd like to book the Chef's table for a non-elegant night.

Do you have pics of any of the fun times?

Hi Sneezy,

Yes, elegant nights were Monday and Friday. I don't have pics of the fun times but I can scan them later this week.

All caught up! HMC looked beautiful. And I have fond memories of the veal parm. Specifically, eating one and ordering one to go for later. I love getting multiple items in the MDR.

Hi Red,

I'm glad you had a chance to get caught up. I hope to finish up tonight. I LOVE the MDR. We had a great time every single night.

What a fun review. I have to say you are a real trooper between the sea sickness and getting a cold. We LOVE the spirit class ships and had sailed all of them multiple times EXCEPT Pride. Our homeport of NY (we live 20 minutes from the cruise terminal) stopped doing winter/spring cruises which is what we book, and with Jamman's very persistent urging, we booked a B2B on Pride 2 years ago. Fell in love with her AND the port of Baltimore and did a Journeys cruise last year and are booked on a Journeys cruise for January. THANKS JAMMAN! ;) Have been to GT and HMC a bunch of times and they are our favorite ports of call, esp. GT. Kudos to you and your attitude and hope you had calm seas on your journey home!

Hi Karen,

Thanks so much for the kind words. I do love the Pride very much. I had a pretty fun return trip with no seasickness at all so I will definitely cruise out of Baltimore. It was just a little bad timing with the storm. That did teach me a lesson and I will continue to be prepared for seasickness but now I'll pack cold medicine too :D

Day 7 –Sea Day

I have had so much fun on this trip and I surely wasn’t going to let it end today! I dragged DH up and out the door and back to the serenity bar at 9am. We finally ordered our blood Mary’s and they did not disappoint. They really did taste as good as everyone said they did.

34612253300_70406ebbd1_b.jpg

We ended up having another drink before eventually making our way down to sea day brunch. I ordered the Caesar salad with jerk bacon and fried chicken. It really hit the spot! I don’t know what this puffy thing was but it was good with butter. I also ordered the cheese cake. Yum!

35000177945_e25d280e3c_b.jpg

34612274030_3e407d81a1_b.jpg

35000184755_1ffcd1bf7e_b.jpg

I have the menu but both sides are blurry.

34189201363_e16fdd3eb5_b.jpg

34960105506_fcc0e4e8ac_b.jpg