Beagle's Wild Ride On The Pride!! (2017 Review w/Pics)

What was the deal with that long a$$ed line getting into the terminal? Was that due to the medical delay?

I was wondering the same. We have cruised from Baltimore 5-6 times and never encountered this! :eek:

I was wondering the same. We have cruised from Baltimore 5-6 times and never encountered this! :eek:

Exactly what you said, which is why I asked, plus we're going again in September...sure as heck want to avoid that mess at all costs....

I was also on this cruise and it was quite a ride. This was my second time doing this same cruise and I'm not in a hurry to do it again, last time the ride wasn't quite as bad as this time. I loved the Alterr Band too we sat outside the pub a few different nights listening to them. Looking forward to your take on this cruise.

What was the deal with that long a$$ed line getting into the terminal? Was that due to the medical delay?

Hi Bar1068,

That's exactly right. The Pride didn't dock until noon and it should have be in by 10am. Many travelers were already on their way when the email came thru about the delay. We all ended up there trying to board at the same time.

That is one long line!! Is there no place to line up indoors? Looking forward to your review and especially the photos!

Hi Jimbri,

Oh my goodness... Yes once we got past that line into the building, there were just as many people waiting. That's when DH said "look everybody, I'm platinum. We will see you on the boat!" We were on the ship in 10 minutes and our dear (annoyed) friends were at least another hour. :eek:

Thanks BattyL, I tried to assure my newbies this was just an unfortunate timing issue because of the delay and certainly not the norm.

Great start to your review! I am also waiting for the "WILD" ride part.

Not particularly my cup of tea, but I do like a little "rocking" when going to sleep at night.:'):')

Please post more tonight. :)

Beagle, of the 2 pools that are not adult only which seems to be quieter? The Venus Main Pool or the Forward Apollo Pool?

Hi Brepri_H,

The first couple days the Venus main pool was enclosed and very busy. Everyone that wanted sun went to the Apollo and I noticed they did the activities at the main pool. The main pool also had Guy's and the Blue Iguana taco bar traffic as well.

Day 2 - Wild Ride on the Pride

Ok, where did I leave off… Oh, yes going to bed after 1:30am. Shameful but oh so fun!! We got up late and wanted a bloody Mary before breakfast (I mean Brunch ;p) Except we remembered that they tasted awful on the Glory in 2015. We went to the Red Frog bar by the main pool and ordered absolute, cranberry and OJ.

DSCf4859aa_zpszrggv2xe.jpg

The drink didn’t seem to sit well with me so I suggested we hit sea-day brunch. We received a text on the HUB from a friend that said the Eggs Benedict with Salmon was awesome so DH ordered that. I ordered the mac and cheese with steak. They sat us right in front and I remember feeling like we were bouncing up and down a lot. The food came and I took a picture but then I turned green.

DSCf4859bb_zpszjeiwqzr.jpg

DSCf4859cc_zpsult7ns9z.jpg

That seasick feeling I had been trying to ignore grew worse and I couldn’t eat. Ugh, I waited a long time for cruise ship mac and cheese so I was disappointed to leave it sitting there.

DH helped out and told me the steak was delicious and tender. Thanks Babe!

I put the electronic band on my wrist and cranked it up to 3. Once we were up and moving it seemed to help and we went to the shops. DH found a watch he really liked but I couldn’t wait for him to pay for it so I went back to the cabin. Once he returned to the room he put the Trans Derm Scop patch on me and we rested.

The Nascar race was rain delayed from the day before so I turned on the TV for DH to watch and I had sound but no visual. Our room steward Made had introduced himself the day before and he was in the hallway. When he couldn’t fix the TV, he made a call for us. Made was excellent all week long. He never asked if we wanted once or twice a day service, he just did twice a day and always greeted us. Our friends got a picture with him. I wish I had but at least I have this picture to remember him by.

DSCF4859dd_zpszsgvmv8h.jpg

Once the TV didn’t work, DH ran for the hills or should I say the sports bar to watch his beloved Nascar. Two guys arrived to fix my TV and one hit the side of the TV and poof it worked. Just like Fonzie on Happy Days (am I dating myself?) Anyway, by then DH was long gone. It was just as well, there was nothing he could do as I suffered with seasickness. It was around 1 and I had taken two ginger pills, eaten a green apple, wore the electro-band, and applied the patch. All I could do was wait it out.

DSCF4860aa_zpsedbwuucg.jpg

DSCF4860bb_zpsaz8kfvxm.jpg

I sent this picture home for some sympathy, but I'm afraid it doesn't do the situation justice.

Side Note: I bought the internet package for $119.00. It wasn’t the best they offered and wasn’t the cheapest. I was able to send imessages home and DH could keep up to date on everything in sports he needed to know.

At some point around 3pm I was bored and hungry so I attempted to go up a few flights to get a burger. I turned to an ash color and started sweating and got the burger back to the cabin but could only eat a few bites until you know what happened. I’ll spare you the gory details. I do remember the Captain coming over the loud speaker saying that we were in a storm and things were only going to get worse. OH MY. I couldn’t take worse.

Hi Brepri_H,

The first couple days the Venus main pool was enclosed and very busy. Everyone that wanted sun went to the Apollo and I noticed they did the activities at the main pool. The main pool also had Guy's and the Blue Iguana taco bar traffic as well.

Thank you! Enjoyingthe review!

At 5pm, DH returned to show me his battle wounds… both elbows were skinned up bad from leaning on the bar while the boat rocked and rolled. I wouldn’t have believed him, but one look outside told me it was true. It looked more terrifying from the balcony than it felt. He told me that the shows had been canceled that night for the safety of the dancers. They also didn’t allow anyone out on the decks for safety. He recorded a video from our balcony and called it Deadliest Catch 2017. I wish I knew how to post a video for you all. My picture doesn’t do the waves justice and by dusk it was really bad.

Once I finally sat up, I felt much better. I just wanted to be able to go to Elegant Night Dinner and we made it at the last possible minute. I was starving and a little shaky but I was there. DH had the prime rib and I had whatever fish they had that night. Again, it was excellent.

DSCf4860dd_zpsgbec024y.jpg

DSCf4860ee_zps3w9gps4j.jpg

My good friend ordered this so I thought I would post it for all you Miami Vice Lovers!

It was 90 here today and this looks so refreshing!

DSCf4860ff_zpsgyepsnab.jpg

After dinner, we did go to a few comedy shows. Tonight, it was Just June and Billy D. Washington. She was funny but he was not. I was just happy to be out of my cabin! Some of my friends that hung in there all day without getting seasick, were feeling a bit ill sitting in the Punchliner. I’m guessing just because it’s located on deck 2 fwd. After that we went to bed… no pizza and no ice cream. But you know what they say? A bad day at sea beats a good day at work. hahaha I really only had a few bad hours. Next up: A Beautiful Day at Sea!

I get motion sickness on everything, cars, buses, planes, ships, carnival rides, etc. Bonine (mescaline) works for me. I do the bands for the more gentle motion, the Bonine for the major. If I take it, I may not feel normal but I don't get sick. You were a trooper, I know how bad it can feel.

More please :)

Hi Bar1068,

That's exactly right. The Pride didn't dock until noon and it should have be in by 10am. Many travelers were already on their way when the email came thru about the delay. We all ended up there trying to board at the same time.

Thanks BL....I more or less assumed that, but you know the dangers of assuming. From your other replies, I'm also going out on a limb and assuming, even with that line, those that may have sailed some number of times with Carnival, and when checking in, receive a s&s card is a silvery color, noting a certain metal status, those people were able to bypass that line?

We've sailed from B'more a number of times, sailing again in September and have not seen lines like those, so good to know it was out of the ordinary due a significant reason. Bummer about the seasickness, I'm lucky and typically don't get seasick, but I'll save the gory details on one of my "rocky cruises".

BTW.. The beagle in your profile pic is a spitting image of ours!!

I get motion sickness on everything, cars, buses, planes, ships, carnival rides, etc. Bonine (mescaline) works for me. I do the bands for the more gentle motion, the Bonine for the major. If I take it, I may not feel normal but I don't get sick. You were a trooper, I know how bad it can feel.

More please :)

Thank you Happy Cruzer,

We must really love cruising to deal with the motion sickness don't we? I feel for anyone that has it bad. I take a ginger pill every day. It does seem to help with being a passenger or sometimes getting stuck in the back seat. I was really happy that after a few hours the "patch" kicked in and I was able to go to elegant night.