Beagle's Wild Ride On The Pride!! (2017 Review w/Pics)

Thanks BL....I more or less assumed that, but you know the dangers of assuming. From your other replies, I'm also going out on a limb and assuming, even with that line, those that may have sailed some number of times with Carnival, and when checking in, receive a s&s card is a silvery color, noting a certain metal status, those people were able to bypass that line?

We've sailed from B'more a number of times, sailing again in September and have not seen lines like those, so good to know it was out of the ordinary due a significant reason. Bummer about the seasickness, I'm lucky and typically don't get seasick, but I'll save the gory details on one of my "rocky cruises".

BTW.. The beagle in your profile pic is a spitting image of ours!!

Hey Bar,

Yes, all the diamond, platinum, and faster to the fun people had bypassed the main line. By the time we made the decision to abandon our buddies, no one was waiting and we breezed right through. I did talk to a fellow passenger that had to wait awhile when she first arrived but it definitely went faster in that line.

Beagles are a handful but they bring so much joy, don't they? I just love em!

Don't leave me hanging like this! We head out at the end of July and I'm happy to hear I can kill time (much to my wife and kids dismay) at The World Of Beers! Who needs domestic.....

Sadly my reviews never do this much justice.

We know the feeling because on our 1st cruise aboard Carnival Miracle 2005 we followed hurricane Dennis into Tampa Bay from Cozumel, it was rough seas. I still can hear the captain saying over the loud speaker that we would have to stay at sea longer then expected, then the cheers, woo hoo more time on the ship. That lasted about 2-3 hours after that everybody's mood changed:eek:. They ran out of sick bags, and although they were still severing food nobody was eating. The first 6 days were awesome could barely feel the ship moving, which is why we still cruise today:cool:.

We know the feeling because on our 1st cruise aboard Carnival Miracle 2005 we followed hurricane Dennis into Tampa Bay from Cozumel, it was rough seas. I still can hear the captain saying over the loud speaker that we would have to stay at sea longer then expected, then the cheers, woo hoo more time on the ship. That lasted about 2-3 hours after that everybody's mood changed:eek:. They ran out of sick bags, and although they were still severing food nobody was eating. The first 6 days were awesome could barely feel the ship moving, which is why we still cruise today:cool:.

Oh Wow Joe,

That is crazy. I'm so glad that it didn't stop you guys from cruising!

Day 3 –Sea Day

I was up at 5am and in the shower. I went to the buffet at 7 to get some green apples. I was feeling good and wanted to keep it that way. I really have no idea if a green apple works but let’s just say it will not help in a storm! Nor will the electronic band. I think I wasted my money on that purchase! It is good to know the patch worked for me in extreme conditions. There are a few side effects. It really dried me out and I had a very sore throat but nothing was going to stop me today!

The seas were calm and it was beautiful and warm outside. We hit the Red Frog Bar but I still didn’t try a bloody Mary.

DSCF4861_zpsvx46jfnt.jpg

We met up with a few of the gang for sea-day brunch. This time I ordered the salmon and it was good. Sorry for the fuzzy picture. Those chips on top are tasty.They should give you a pile on the side!!!

DSCF4862_zps2ybjf5gp.jpg

We met the whole gang on Deck 10 where they were all sunning themselves. We didn’t do much but hang out at the serenity.

DSCF4865_zpsqdvrmddp.jpg

DSCF4866_zpstlhf7pp3.jpg

Sea Day Continued

The funniest thing happened while we were just hanging out. An employee came over and got on the phone and I heard her say, “the pool drained… yes, drained on its own… I don’t know”. So, I look over and there’s a guy standing in an empty pool. I said, “did you pull the plug sir?” Everyone was just staring like what just happened here. I snapped a pic but he had gotten out by then.

DSCF4873_zpsiszhwpst.jpg

DSCF4874_zpspytwqyy0.jpg

DSCF4875_zpsrukzhywa.jpg

Back at the cabin Vadym stopped by to see how we were doing. He is the floor supervisor. That was a first for me, I never had the boss stop by. I told him Made was excellent and we were having a great time. We also received this gift since DH is platinum. Nice!

DSCf4863aa_zpsk3djopog.jpg

For dinner that night we both tried the tuna appetizer. I had the tilapia and DH had the veal parm. I can’t rave enough about this food and our servers.

DSCF4878_zps3lglvwjy.jpg

DSCF4879_zpstt61kfcl.jpg

DSCF4880_zpsvv2glvl1.jpg

Right after dinner we went to the atrium to see Caribbean Music with Bluelsypo.

DSCF4882_zps2rsy57pl.jpg

I think later that night we went back to Red Frog Pub but the Alterr Band was not playing. It was an early night for us. I think we were in bed by 10.

DSCF4867_zpsnhcx2xfx.jpg

I took off that seasick patch before I went to sleep. I was hoping the sore throat and other side effects would be gone by the time I woke up.

Next up Grand Turk!

Nice review! We've cruised on Pride a few times and we're going again in July...she's our "home" ship! We'll be doing the same itinerary as you, so I'm looking forward to the rest of your review.

Don't leave me hanging like this! We head out at the end of July and I'm happy to hear I can kill time (much to my wife and kids dismay) at The World Of Beers! Who needs domestic.....

Sadly my reviews never do this much justice.

Hey Sneezy,

Yes, you will love, love, love world of beers and... the wife and kids will love the food. They had a big menu. :D

We are really enjoying your review of our favorite ship!!! :cool:

Hey Jamman,

Thanks so much. I have read several of your reviews and your like a celeb on here!!! I was able to learn so much from your last Pride review. And, thanks to your heads up, I was able to email Ken about our large group. He put all 20 of us at two tables with windows. Our newbies were thrilled!!!!

Thanks again,

Beagle

Sorry you were so sick and the seas were bad. My trip on the Pride to Bermuda was very bad. My friend gave me some Bonine and I take it every cruise now. I had never felt sea sick before and never want to feel like that again so I take one every night before bed. It doesn't seem to have any side effects when taken in a small dose.

Hey gang, sorry for the delay. It seems that Photobucket may have given my laptop a virus. It continues to throw me out and wont load. I kept all my information and pictures on a USB drive that now my computer and my work computer won’t recognize. Ugh! Hopefully things go right tonight. Let’s give it a try…

Day 4 –Grand Turk

I see land finally!! Although I had taken off the seasick patch and was feeling great, it was still good to see Grand Turk.

34042819543_f1939287ca_b.jpg

34466673300_678a4fac99_b.jpg

We went to the Red Frog up on deck 9 first. It was nice because we were docked and they had the roof opened now. Then we went on to the buffet for the first and only time the entire cruise. DH got an omelet and I had the eggs benedict. I had read that the best thing to do here in GT was to go to Jack’s Shack. I text the others on the Hub but I don’t think anyone was interested. Most of the gang sat down right when their feet the sand!! Eventually a few stragglers made their way down to Jack’s. Lucky for us, we were the only boat there but I can imagine it is way too crowded most of the time.

34813545816_b748b36b56_z.jpg

34689744472_3a6388b7b0_b.jpg

Look who I got to hang out with… Topher!!!

34466673590_72b8ba3bf4_b.jpg

34813584676_8bda7c8f60_b.jpg

I was so excited. I’ve seen plenty of reviews with him in the pictures and could only day-dream I would be there one day. I also tried the local beer. I loved the name but didn’t care for the taste. It was called I-AIN-GA-LIE. Everyone else seemed to like it.

34466673450_222bdedfae_h.jpg

The jerk chicken was every bit as good as the reviews rave about it. Sorry I didn’t get a picture of the chicken.

34813584456_c20b7aafff_z.jpg

34813545466_3eaa954447_b.jpg

I’m going to confess here... 1 hour before dinner I snuck in this cheese burger. I told no one at the time and I swear I did not eat the whole thing but I love those darn burgers!

34690645872_6643dbbdee_b.jpg

For dinner DH had this green soup and roast beef. I had some type of fish, this might be the red snapper but I can’t be sure.

34721906881_1b22d5515b_b.jpg

34721904371_8ee94de927_b.jpg

34814221306_8b39380e60_b.jpg

I have no idea what we did that night but I’m sure it ended with pizza.

Next up… Do We or Don’t We Make it to Half Moon Cay???

Sorry you were so sick and the seas were bad. My trip on the Pride to Bermuda was very bad. My friend gave me some Bonine and I take it every cruise now. I had never felt sea sick before and never want to feel like that again so I take one every night before bed. It doesn't seem to have any side effects when taken in a small dose.

Thanks Janice,

That's a great idea, taking a tablet before going to sleep. I'm definitely going to keep that in mind.

Day 5 –Do We Or Don’t We Make It To Half Moon Cay???

I was startled awake by lightning and thunder around 5am I think. It was way too early to worry so I fell back to sleep. As my luck would have it, that sore throat was not from the patch and was a full blown cold. From this point forward, I had to carry a box of tissues with me every where I went. Good thing I’m stubborn and refuse to let anything get in the way of my fun!

We were in no hurry this morning because we have 9-5 at HMC. We went to the Red Frog first only to see that they were repairing the roof. Water covered the decks because of the storm. I don’t know if the storm damaged the roof or this was scheduled maintenance but the bar was closed. Luckily, the bar at the Blue Iguana was right next door and opened. My friend got a bloody Mary, but I was still skeptical. While we were relaxing, an announcement was made that the winds were bad and we may have to skip this port. Now I had read plenty about HMC and knew this was a possibility. I only told DH but the other 18 friends were clueless. My Hub app went nuts with angry text messages. My heart sank. I wanted my friends to have the best time ever and they were not happy campers.

Looks a bit rough here doesn't it?

34833226436_aea631c996_b.jpg

34833226346_4c6ffedacf_b.jpg

There was still a long line for tender tickets so most people were feeling optimistic. We decided to try a breakfast burrito and we took them to a table in the serenity area.

34833226176_caef7032b0_b.jpg

After a long wait, we got the announcement the captain had set the anchor. The whole boat cheered!!! It took a while for the tenders to get the crew to shore with supplies so we just hung out in our room. Turns out with DH’s Platinum status, we don’t have to get a tender ticket. Sweet! We ended up on tender #5 with most of our friends at 11:27am.

34029796454_ce96df5df1_b.jpg

Once we got off the boat everybody went separate ways. We waited for a few more friends to arrive and by then all the clam shells were taken. I didn’t realize there are no umbrellas here. So, if you want shade you must get a clam shell and they cost $30. The bad part about clam shells, inside that shell you bake because there is no air flow and it’s HOT. This was the longest day on the beach and I forgot my long sleeve white shirt and my big floppy hat. I stayed in the water most of the time so it wasn’t a big deal. I don’t agree with the fact that you can’t use Cheers on the island but we weren’t really going to spend much so we had a couple beers. We headed off to get lunch around 1:30. I just had jerk chicken and DH had a burger and chicken. That part I liked. It was nice to walk up and just get some lunch.

Here are some random pics of HMC

34062442303_c03e334168_b.jpg

34062444003_0280f55957_b.jpg

34873016585_652a9151f1_b.jpg

34741621101_06c1273127_b.jpg