Verandah Spa Stateroom-Benefits?

cormike1

We got upgraded to a Verandah Spa Stateroom, a VQ on Panorama. What are the benefits to this upgrade? They list a yoga mat, iPod docking station and special water on the desk. Is that it and if so why would you pay quite a bit more for one of these cabins versus a regular verandah cabin? Thoughts?

We had a Verandah Spa on Ryndam last year. There was an iPod docking station, yoga mats & a special "water feature" or something. Never figured out what that was. There was a teak mat in the bathroom under the sink. Not sure if that was the water feature or not. I thought these cabins were less expensive than the other Verandah cabins.

We had a Verandah Spa on Ryndam last year. There was an iPod docking station, yoga mats & a special "water feature" or something. Never figured out what that was. There was a teak mat in the bathroom under the sink. Not sure if that was the water feature or not. I thought these cabins were less expensive than the other Verandah cabins.

Maybe on the smaller ships they are but not on the vista or signature class. I'm not sure the vista class has them before someone points out my error.

The cabins and amenities are not anything special. Asked to be upgraded to one a couple of times after final payment price drops and Hal obliged. The only real perk was 50 bucks or so off the thermal suite package which I was going to buy anyways. YMMV

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

• Like 1

We got upgraded to a Verandah Spa Stateroom, a VQ on Panorama. What are the benefits to this upgrade? They list a yoga mat, iPod docking station and special water on the desk. Is that it and if so why would you pay quite a bit more for one of these cabins versus a regular verandah cabin? Thoughts?

On the Nieuw Amsterdam in the spa stateroom the special water on the desk is a tall glass bottle of mineral water (I think it was a liter or 1.5 liter) and 3 vitamin waters. So total value was about $20 extra. I didn't use the yoga mat or iPod docking station. There was also a wood slat thing in the shower to stand on that is special to spa staterooms.