New to Disney Cruise, Question Please

Andie272

We live in NY and are looking to book a cruise on the Magic for my daughters 13th birthday in Oct 2016.

The cruise we are looking at has 4 sea days, a day in Cast Away and a day in Port Canaveral.

My questions are:

1) Will there be enough to keep us busy for 4 sea days, the ratio of Sea days to Port days is high.

2) Does the fair include a one day pass to WDW? I thought I remember seeing that but when I am in the pricing part of the booking and it tells you what is included it doesn't mention that.

3) We were looking into a cruise in Nov 2016, but it would require a

flying home from Puerto Rico, it had 2 port days in the Caribbean, then a day in Puerto Rico until our flight home, when you add in the airfare they were cost wise about equal, think we are better with that one and have 1 less sea day?

Edited by Andie272

1. There is plenty to do with all those sea days. Movies to see, shows to see, spa treatments to enjoy, food to eat. That is my kind of cruise.

2. The stops at Port Canaveral do include a 1 day Park Hopper for WDW and transportation to WDW. See USA Today's article about it. I didn't see on DCL's site yet.

The ship is part of the experience. You're not in a floating Motel 6 where there is nothing to do between stops. For a first cruise with DCL, I wouldn't want too many port days. You will be missing some of the experience. If you are primarily interested in ports, you can choose a different cruise line for much less money.

Edited by BullDawg91

Thank you. My biggest concern is my husband. He is not a sit by the pool kind of guy.

Should we go for the Cast Away Cay and Orlando cruise, or St. Maarten and Tortola and Puerto Rico (until our flight) and have to fly home from PR.

Thank you. My biggest concern is my husband. He is not a sit by the pool kind of guy.

Should we go for the Cast Away Cay and Orlando cruise, or St. Maarten and Tortola and Puerto Rico (until our flight) and have to fly home from PR.

You'll have to decide that. If it's a first cruise, I say WDW and Castaway Cay. That sounds exotic enough.

You'll have to decide that. If it's a first cruise, I say WDW and Castaway Cay. That sounds exotic enough.

Thanks, it is not our first cruise, just first on Disney. I am leaning toward WDW and Castaway, now to sway my husband :D

Just an FYI-If you fly home from PR, everyone will need a passport and not just birth certificate. That is because the cruise starts and ends in two different ports. Just want you to figure in that expense in case some do not have them.

Just an FYI-If you fly home from PR, everyone will need a passport and not just birth certificate. That is because the cruise starts and ends in two different ports. Just want you to figure in that expense in case some do not have them.

Thanks I actually didn't think of that since we are all US citizens and the cruise starts and ends in US.

When we went into Puerto Rico (September, 2014) it was a disgusting, nasty experience. DCL does not deserve the blame for this. It took 4 hours to get thru Customs. We had a 3:30 flight and were beginning to get concerned about missing it. A horrible end to a lovely cruise. The sad thing is that 30 years before, I had a disappointing trip to Puerto Rico.

I don't know if DCL has managed to get Customs and Immigration to see things the Disney way. We were told that DCL requested 12 agents and only 6 showed up. What I do know is that my family will never use that port again. If it is a choice between PR and not cruising, we'll save our money and wait for something attractive.

Sea days are the best. There is no such thing as a cruise with too many sea days. That's when you get to enjoy the ship. Whether you are into active things (sports deck, fitness center, jogging track) or more relaxed (hot tubs, pools, spa, reading on deck, various games, movies, etc.) these are the best days of all. There is WAY too much to do on board to fit it all into one cruise.