Cape Liberty Pre-Cruise Logistics Help Needed, Please!

Saturngrl

Our group of four will sail the Celebrity Summit from Cape Liberty in April 2018. We will fly in the day before the cruise and fly out the afternoon after the cruise. Questions for pre-cruise planning:

1. What hotels near the airport/cruise port offer free shuttle from the airport to hotel?

2. Aside from Embassy Suites in Elizabeth ($20 shuttle), are there any hotels that offer free shuttle to the cruise port? Or, should I hire a car?

Thank you for any info you may provide.

Our group of four will sail the Celebrity Summit from Cape Liberty in April 2018. We will fly in the day before the cruise and fly out the afternoon after the cruise. Questions for pre-cruise planning:

1. What hotels near the airport/cruise port offer free shuttle from the airport to hotel?

2. Aside from Embassy Suites in Elizabeth ($20 shuttle), are there any hotels that offer free shuttle to the cruise port? Or, should I hire a car?

Thank you for any info you may provide.

There are no free shuttles. You pay for transportation one way or another.

What is your hotel budget/room? Are you looking for 1 room or 2 rooms? Does your group include children or seniors? AAA membership? What kind of bed configurations - 2 doubles, King & sofa bed, other?

What time are you flying in? Any sightseeing in NYC? Dining requirements?

Your other options are Country Inns and the trinityreservations.com cruise package for hotel room and round trip port transportation. The trinity package is $195 tax included for 1 room with 2 double beds and round trip port transportation for 4 people.

Car Service to Cape Liberty will cost $55-70+ each way depending on how much luggage you will have.

No free shuttles between hotels and the cruise port, but every hotel offers a free shuttle between the airport and the hotel.

My bad! I misread the question and thought the OP was asking about free port shuttles since, as you pointed out, all the airport hotels offer free airport shuttles. The main problem at EWR is that you have to lug all your stuff on the free Airtrain to get the free shuttle at the P4 station.

Great info, thank you! I'm traveling with friends and we're all in our 40's and 50's, two to a room. I am looking into car service from hotel to port and from port to EWR. Dial 7 seems to be a favorite on this blog.

Will keep perusing threads on this site and discuss with my TA. Thank you all!

Great info, thank you! I'm traveling with friends and we're all in our 40's and 50's, two to a room. I am looking into car service from hotel to port and from port to EWR. Dial 7 seems to be a favorite on this blog.

Will keep perusing threads on this site and discuss with my TA. Thank you all!

What hotel are you looking at? Food can be an issue at EWR. Most hotels that offer free breakfast don't have restaurants for dinner. There might be a neighboring hotel with a restaurant, but delivery take out might be the only option. Only the hotels on International Blvd have easy access to the restaurants near Jersey Gardens Mall - Ruby Tuesdays, IHOP, Applebees, Johnny Rockets, and the mall food court. Full service hotels have restaurants, but there won't be any other walkable options for dinner.