Carnival Mastercard Help please

fedexretiree

I have a cruise coming up on the Breeze in April (final payment was already made) and I have been thinking about signing up to get the Carnival Master card. I see that after the 1st purchase you will get 10,000 fun points that would be worth 100.00. My question is, can I use that 100.00 as OBC on this cruise OR can the 100.00 only be used towards the purchase of a cruise. I am asking here because I can't get the same answer when I call Barclay to ask about it. Thanks in advance for the help.

If you redeem the points for $100 OBC you need to spend 12,500 points. If you charge a Carnival purchase to your card and erase the purchase you will only need 10,000 points.

I guess I'm confused, just to clarify is this what you are meaning??

So your saying that in order to get 100.00 OBC I will need 12,500 points not 10,000??

But if I spend 100.00 on board using my credit card I will only need 10,000 points for that??

Just set up your onboard account with your Carnival Card then when the credit card statement comes in you can use those points towards the Carnival purchase. Plus you earn double points.

Yep. Best way to do it. I used my $100 towards our upsell call [emoji4]

You can also buy cruise cash (this one shows Bar), but Photo is also available at the discounted rate. I didn't see just the general cruise cash, though.

7ffe629631e16860d5baa992a3cefb54.jpg

Just make sure you do it a few weeks before your sailing. To give enough time for the credit to post .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It doesn't make sense to have to redeem 12,500 points for $100 OBC when you can just use the cc for your S&S account and redeem only 10,000 points for $100 though.

Go to the credit card web site. There it will tell you how many points you have and they will give you a list of what you can buy and how you can spend them. You can buy obc or use them for gifts or payment on your cruise etc. And with carnival you get double points for all purchases through carnival if you have the citi bank card. At least this is all true with my citi bank carnival card.

Go to the credit card web site. There it will tell you how many points you have and they will give you a list of what you can buy and how you can spend them. You can buy obc or use them for gifts or payment on your cruise etc. And with carnival you get double points for all purchases through carnival if you have the citi bank card. At least this is all true with my citi bank carnival card.

What CitiBank Carnival Card? The Carnival credit Card is through Barclay's. I can't find one through Citi.

What CitiBank Carnival Card? The Carnival credit Card is through Barclay's. I can't find one through Citi.

The same is true for Barclay, which is what I have. If you already have the card and have an online account, just log in, Click "Rewards and Benefits" then click "Rewards and Benefits Center" ...once there, click "shop" or "Start Using My FunPoints" and it will tell you how many points everything costs. But as someone has already stated, $100 OBC costs more points than $100 Bar credit, which is what I just used 35,000 points on. But the higher increments don't. $200 OBC is still 20,000 points. If you don't drink, and don't have time or enough money to spend to get the 20,000 points to get OBC, I suggest just going with a statement credit.

The same is true for Barclay, which is what I have. If you already have the card and have an online account, just log in, Click "Rewards and Benefits" then click "Rewards and Benefits Center" ...once there, click "shop" or "Start Using My FunPoints" and it will tell you how many points everything costs. But as someone has already stated, $100 OBC costs more points than $100 Bar credit, which is what I just used 35,000 points on. But the higher increments don't. $200 OBC is still 20,000 points. If you don't drink, and don't have time or enough money to spend to get the 20,000 points to get OBC, I suggest just going with a statement credit.

Yeah I have the Barclay's card and that's how I posted the pic in my previous post discussing the point differences. I don't know of a Citi Carnival card. Do you?

Yeah I have the Barclay's card and that's how I posted the pic in my previous post discussing the point differences. I don't know of a Citi Carnival card. Do you?

No, everyone I've spoken to regarding the card has a Barclay card. Maybe the Citi card is older? No clue

I have a cruise coming up on the Breeze in April (final payment was already made) and I have been thinking about signing up to get the Carnival Master card. I see that after the 1st purchase you will get 10,000 fun points that would be worth 100.00. My question is, can I use that 100.00 as OBC on this cruise OR can the 100.00 only be used towards the purchase of a cruise. I am asking here because I can't get the same answer when I call Barclay to ask about it. Thanks in advance for the help.

So many other credit cards with far better perks for savvy travelers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums