Champagne in suite?

travelingduo

I was just reading another thread where a poster indicated that, except for the embarkation day bottle of chilled champagne in your suite, one can only get champagne by the glass after that. We have been on two Regent cruises and always were able to get bottles of champagne in our suite. We are wine and champagne drinkers and requested champagne in our suite rather than spirits. Is this a new policy?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think that you may be referring to a post that I made when someone wanted a bottle of champagne for sail away. Since most people are on the pool deck or Observation Lounge for sail away, I was explaining that champagne and wine is only available by the glass. Sorry if it sounded as if this also applied to your suite.

The rules haven't changed - bottles in your suite and glasses in lounges or dining venues (unless you purchase a premium bottle).

Yes. Our experience exactly. It is very simple. Want anything, within reason--whether or not one has access to a butler, no problem. We are, basically, "low maintenance". On a recent trip, our butler commented on this aspect by using that same phrase. As we observed, he spent an "expanded" period of time interacting with the next-door couple.

On more than one occasion on Voyager, Mariner, or Navigator, had to advise the butler, or room attendant: Please no more bubbly, or bottles of wine left on the counter, or crammed into the fridge (after the beer cans had been removed). Such a problem, right?

This is what one has to deal with (sigh, sigh) on a 5+ship, whether Silversea, Seabourn, Crystal--or Regent. From perspective of 23+ years' cruising on all, they are, with various nuances or quirks, "strictly Top Drawer". Quote stolen from that classic Rosalind Russell movie, "Auntie Mame" (sp?).

See some of you March 26th during Explorer sail-away from Miami to Barcelona; follow-on Barcelona to Venice. Or, May Navigator sail-away to the Amazon.

GoARMY!

I was just reading another thread where a poster indicated that, except for the embarkation day bottle of chilled champagne in your suite, one can only get champagne by the glass after that. We have been on two Regent cruises and always were able to get bottles of champagne in our suite. We are wine and champagne drinkers and requested champagne in our suite rather than spirits. Is this a new policy?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have exactly the same requirements as yourselves - wine & champagne in our suite, not spirits.

We've selected bottles of Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc & Champagne on the online request section on the website. We will know in 2 weeks if this has worked !

• 3 weeks later...

It's included. Jacquart will be the 'welcome aboard' Champagne in your suite. Not my favorite - even the first glass from the bottle tastes like it is almost 'turning.' In the bars & restaurants they serve Montaudon - much better IMO. There's also another one t the bars - can't remember the name as we thought it was just so-so and didn't order it a second time. There is also a Prosecco served at Sette Mare - not Champagne but a semi-dry sparkling wine. The Connoisseur's Wine List also has a few Champagne varieties for purchase

18 more days until I get MY Montaudon :D

We have exactly the same requirements as yourselves - wine & champagne in our suite, not spirits.

We've selected bottles of Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc & Champagne on the online request section on the website. We will know in 2 weeks if this has worked !

Could you be so kind to direct me to the on the online request section on the website.

Could you be so kind to direct me to the on the online request section on the website.

If you are in a PH or above suite, I'll be happy to show you how to get to the Butler Request Form. Otherwise, simply let your steward(ess) know when you are onboard and he/she will be happy to take care of everything for you!