Huge fare reductions

baytraller

For those who do not have a cruise booked for Europe 2017 - good news

There have been huge price reductions for some cruises

The following prices are in Australian dollars

Also they are for Ocean View Category 5 verses Ocean View guarantee

The cruises all had more than 50% category 5 staterooms available when first listed

Quest 29 May category 5 - $6,00 - guarantee $3,000

Journey 14th June Cat 5 - $5,200 - GTY $2,100

Both of these cruises have now been sold out - there must have been many people waiting

Two cruises which have not been available with the 50% discount for second person are still not sold out

Journey 23th June North Cape Cat 5 - $9,000 - GTY $5,400

Journey 19th July British Open Golf Cat 5 $8,000 - GTY $5,500

Also noticed some reduced balcony cruises

It seems most cruises are reduced shortly after final payment

Therefor some cruises for August and later may be available soon

With cruise capacity still increasing maybe these reductions will be common place

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/cruise-ship-orderbook.html

We're on the British Open cruise for my husband's dream golf vacation--that's the only reason I'd ever sign up for a cruise without any special offer. And it killed me to do so :) Checking online there are still a lot of empty cabins, but no price reductions yet unless you want a guarantee. Frustrating! Final payment due date is Sunday, so once we're locked in is when I assume some deals might pop up. We applied for the LCV upgrade offer when we booked, but with so many empty cabins, I kind of wish we'd waited. With four months to go, though, there's still plenty of time for people to book.

Hiccups -- we were on the British Open Golf Cruise last year for MY husband's dream golf vacation and the deals were few and far between. We booked 16 months out and were able to take advantage of one price reduction (which Perry Golf graciously notified us about) for our balcony cabin when they had the double upgrade offer. There were a few "last minute" cruisers who got deals but they were for inside or oceanview categories and those cabins are so small-- we had fabulous weather for the most part so were glad to have the balcony! It was by far the most we've ever paid for a cruise but we thought it was worth every penny and booked the Baltic Golf Cruise for this August because we enjoyed Azamara and Perry Golf so much. I hope you have a wonderful time and the great news is that by the time you board, paying for it is a distant memory!

Hiccups -- we were on the British Open Golf Cruise last year for MY husband's dream golf vacation and the deals were few and far between. We booked 16 months out and were able to take advantage of one price reduction (which Perry Golf graciously notified us about) for our balcony cabin when they had the double upgrade offer. There were a few "last minute" cruisers who got deals but they were for inside or oceanview categories and those cabins are so small-- we had fabulous weather for the most part so were glad to have the balcony! It was by far the most we've ever paid for a cruise but we thought it was worth every penny and booked the Baltic Golf Cruise for this August because we enjoyed Azamara and Perry Golf so much. I hope you have a wonderful time and the great news is that by the time you board, paying for it is a distant memory!

That's true! I just hope my husband enjoys playing the courses. When we started planning this vacation, it was supposed to be a celebratory trip for the completion of my Masters degree. Yet somehow we ended up on his dream vacation :confused:

If we get the LCV upgrade, that will make me feel a little better. We booked an OV because of the price of the cruise--we've never booked less than a balcony before so that was our compromise. It would be nice to get our balcony after all!

My husband is already looking at the golf cruises for next year! LOL. I'm more amenable to those because the non-British Open cruises usually qualify for deals.

If you like the cruise be sure to book the next one on board, there's a reduced deposit, small discount and some onboard credit for doing so in addition to whatever current offers they have -- and by transferring our booking to our travel agent when we got home we got additional onboard credit so our cost per day and the credit (we had zero on the British Open cruise) has convinced us we are getting a great value! And the other good news is that the other Perry Golf packages are much less expensive than the British Open!